Blast from the past!

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    s12cot
    cheers bonnie scotland - am chuffed with the colour funny thing is is set out for a 3 series coupe!

Crombers - not sure what road it is - not been over there for a few years i just recall having a great time, i am heading to Rue where i have family so just along from the MOD site, i have taken this road (i think!) towards Loch Lomand, long open corners...

cheers Duncan

Scott

Pantomime Villain & Car Plan Ambassador Crombers's Avatar
    Car
    R50 Cooper & F55 SD
    quote:Originally posted by s12cot

Crombers - not sure what road it is - not been over there for a few years i just recall having a great time, i am heading to Rue where i have family so just along from the MOD site, i have taken this road (i think!) towards Loch Lomand, long open corners...
    Never heard of Rue , but Rhu is just up that way

As I said , check a map as the roads I have mentioned are on Rhu's doorstep.

R50 Cooper ..... Mini Plant Oxford

19 years of MINIfascination

X30YES
    quote:Originally posted by crombers

Never heard of Rue , but Rhu is just up that way

As I said , check a map as the roads I have mentioned are on Rhu's doorstep.
    Hey dafty ...rue as in kanga ...or is it a St in France

Car
    2007 R52 S "Sh**ey White" & 2016 Skoda Yeti "Daily"
    Welcome Back - people never stray too far, they always work out their mistakes (but an MG TF :question::question::approve:)

Hope to see you on a run soon.

s12cot
    ok ok so i got the spelling wrong..... not my fault west coast people spell things funny

gill
    Hello !!!

macblob
    If you see a platinum grey seat leon in Helensburgh this weekend Scott that will be me :).
    my folks live there , going back for the weekend :)

s12cot

just been to the garage to hand over the bucks for the Mini, get it lunch time friday.... can't wait, got our first trip on saturday from Edinburgh to Helensburgh, me and Sharon have agreed to split the driving fairly so she gets the first half then i get the second half when we hit the twisty bits over the hill's
    A lost son returns :approve:

What road do you take from Balloch over to Helensburgh ?
    If it's the one at the roundabout just up from Duck Bay Marina (turn left) , can I suggest a few other roads just further up the Loch.
    Check out the Glen Fruin , Glen Douglas & the new MOD road over the hills (check a map). All roads are superb , empty and full of twisties (especially both Glen roads) & I,m often up there of a weekend for a blast in ma MINI :approve:

i took the a811, would ahve been a blast appart from the tractors, caravans and bank holiday traffic...:mad:

Pantomime Villain & Car Plan Ambassador Crombers's Avatar
    Car
    R50 Cooper & F55 SD

just been to the garage to hand over the bucks for the Mini, get it lunch time friday.... can't wait, got our first trip on saturday from Edinburgh to Helensburgh, me and Sharon have agreed to split the driving fairly so she gets the first half then i get the second half when we hit the twisty bits over the hill's
    A lost son returns :approve:

What road do you take from Balloch over to Helensburgh ?
    If it's the one at the roundabout just up from Duck Bay Marina (turn left) , can I suggest a few other roads just further up the Loch.
    Check out the Glen Fruin , Glen Douglas & the new MOD road over the hills (check a map). All roads are superb , empty and full of twisties (especially both Glen roads) & I,m often up there of a weekend for a blast in ma MINI :approve:

i took the a811, would ahve been a blast appart from the tractors, caravans and bank holiday traffic...:mad:
    Ah the Stirling Straights Road (A811) would not be fun in bank holiday traffic. You would then have probably taken the A82 to Arden then cut across to Helensburgh using the B831 & B832. The roads I refer to above are further up the Loch from Arden.
    Always a next time eh

R50 Cooper ..... Mini Plant Oxford

19 years of MINIfascination

markyc
    Welcome back Scott I'm sure you will enjoy your Mini a wee bit more than the MG :approve::approve: