Who are the site mods?

Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast
    X30YES
    Looks like time for a poll :question:
    "you can please most of the people all of the time, but not all of the people most of the time !!...or something like that
    Mods ..they are required and do have the right to moderate where they feel fit I guess , and I'm not sure of the background to this rant KJ,however, I'm sure a mail in both directions explaining why any post is "pulled" might be the answer !! It is very easy to miss read something and take it the wrong way in type ,as you dont really hear the tone of the vice or see a facial expression ...ie the odd wee face does help at the end of a quote :question:,,,after all this is a free site and is for fun .In no way am I defending or disagreeing whith anything "quoted" in the above thread < gets back on the fence now !!...and just chucking in my 2d worth

Sponsor
    Wow. Just read this...

Really sorry to hear that some of the longest standing NMS peeps aren't happy.
    Don't think I've met you, Shaz, and think I've only met KJ once or twice, but still more than happy to chat to you guys on here. I don't find NMS cliquey, but that's just my opinion. I don't read and post in absolutely everything (can't keep up! :I), but I hadn't been aware of any ill feeling, or of people only posting in certain threads.

I didn't see the thread which was deleted, so I can't make any comment on that.

I do think that people will naturally become more friendly with some folk over others. It's just a natural thing, you "click" with some people better than others, I don't think it's a reflection of anyone personally. Same happens in an office environment, and many other places.

This is one of the most friendly forums and clubs I'm involved with, and although I've been around a wee while, I'm really just getting to know some of you. I hope you guys can get this sorted out, it would be a sad day if we lost you completely.

I still feel very much a newbie on here, so I hope I haven't spoken out of turn.

GAJ
    To put the record straight, KJ's reference to censorship is because I informed him that it is unacceptable to use the phrase 'f*** you' on this site. I asked him to edit his post, he refused and so it was deleted. If anyone had used that phrase they would have been treated in exactly the same way. He then started a new thread, identical to this one, asking who the mods were. Given that he had just refused to obey the rules of the site, I decided to delete that thread too. No one else had replied. Then unfortunately I had to leave my computer and go and have a life!

Personally, I quite like KJ's wee flames every now and again, it keeps people on their toes and stops things from getting too anodyne. But on this occasion he quite clearly over-stepped the mark. There was no victimisation going on. Anyone who had acted in this way would have been treated in exactly the same manner.

As for the comments regarding cliques forming - just get over it man, that's life! And I am speaking as someone who is not a member of any clique on this site. To paraphrase Groucho Marx, 'I wouldn't want to belong to any clique that would have me!' And to comment that the length of membership in any way should influence things seems strange to me, surely that reinforces the idea of cliques? Everyone here is entitled to their opinion, whether they have been a member for two minutes or two years, but there does have to be some rules.

Can we resume normal service now please?:sleepy:

Wul
    I have only been a moderator on NMS for about 6 months and in that time i've only ever spent time cleaning up links and typo's so personally feel the site and it's members pretty much self-regulate themselves.

X30YES
    :approve:

minidriver#1
    quote:Originally posted by GAJ

To put the record straight, KJ's reference to censorship is because I informed him that it is unacceptable to use the phrase 'f*** you' on this site. I asked him to edit his post, he refused and so it was deleted. If anyone had used that phrase they would have been treated in exactly the same way. He then started a new thread, identical to this one, asking who the mods were. Given that he had just refused to obey the rules of the site, I decided to delete that thread too. No one else had replied. Then unfortunately I had to leave my computer and go and have a life!

Personally, I quite like KJ's wee flames every now and again, it keeps people on their toes and stops things from getting too anodyne. But on this occasion he quite clearly over-stepped the mark. There was no victimisation going on. Anyone who had acted in this way would have been treated in exactly the same manner.

As for the comments regarding cliques forming - just get over it man, that's life! And I am speaking as someone who is not a member of any clique on this site. To paraphrase Groucho Marx, 'I wouldn't want to belong to any clique that would have me!' And to comment that the length of membership in any way should influence things seems strange to me, surely that reinforces the idea of cliques? Everyone here is entitled to their opinion, whether they have been a member for two minutes or two years, but there does have to be some rules.

Can we resume normal service now please?:sleepy:

Post up your initial reply to my response attempting to offer advice to a member of the site please. If you don't i will.

I shouldn't have used that phrase but your arrogance in your first reply on the original thread was what put me over the edge. It's like a PC user isn't allowed to give advice to a Mac user. Even though it might have been inaccurate it wasn't intentional and then to imply i lied about having a subscription to mac user was just stupid. However I won't hesitate to use the phrase again if i have to .

My reference to length of membership is important because being here that length of time it is possible to see how a site changes. Don't you agree? Mind you you've only been admin on here for a few months or so, it'll take time for you to learn how to moderate a site properly.

I see BS's thread is still up despite you commenting on the legalities of my advice given in it. You're a hypocrite.

I've never really had a problem with you up until now and you're refusal to accept any of the blame is why i flamed you.

GAJ
    KJ - get over it man. I don't remember exactly what I said but it was along the lines that your advice was inaccurate in that MacUser only had one review of a TV Card in it, not two, and not the one that was being discussed. That is the facts of the matter! I may have a copy of the thread on my computer at home. This discussion is between you and me, not for the site, feel free to email me directly if you want to swear at me but please obey the rules of this site.

minidriver#1
    Then take your candy ass over to the other board and delete BS's thread or any other thread breaching site rules.

GAJ
    KJ, how many times are you going to edit that post? Thanks for finally admittiing that your initial post, the one that caused all this was inaccurate!:)

minidriver#1
    As many times as i have to. Is that against site rules? Why don't you start quoting my replies if it's a problem?

omg another edit! what out, Gaj might have a stroke!

I had no problem admitting it was innacurate because i went and had a look at my magazine. Your response was innappropriate and that is what led to this.