Who are the site mods?

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    Car
    F56 JCW, R50 Cooper Pre Production, Aston Martin V8 Vantage N400
    Ive been a member of this site for a couple of years now and have not noticed anything wrong with it over the years. I have always enjoyed being part of this web forum. Of course topics and discussions will change over time as members leave after parting with their minis for lesser cars. Bear in mind the minis popularity and the amount of people buying them means that there will always be new members and that they will always be welcome here. However each new member will want to talk about different aspects of the mini. We are all different people except for the one thing we have in commom, our love of minis.
    I think this topic has blown completely out of proportion and is probably best left alone.
    Perhaps KJ-innit if this forum is not for you then you should try yahoo web forums for mini cooper or even start your own forum

minidriver#1
    quote:Originally posted by Bonnie Scotland

As a member of this site i'm thinking something's obviously got your gander up, i'm not aware of what it is, but, a couple of things, only MMM can advise whether the site is going downhill or not by the useage of the site, not by you.
    I'm sure you won't name the "others" who feel the same way as you, but, if you felt strongly enough about it i'm sure you will, or, they can come out of the closet and air their particular views

As a moderator, everyone can voice their opinion, but, if a mod thinks it's stepping outwith the site rules and is detrimental to the current smooth running of the site then i would expect the thread to be deleted, wouldn't you :question:

As for standard replies "That's your opinion and you're entitled to it" is a classic and widely used :)

Also, can you explain how the site feels like a private club :question:
    Are you telling me that a user of a site cant tell when it's going downhill? Have you ever read a book by a favourite author and thought, damn this isnt as good as his/her previous books, same can be applied to movies, food everything. Are you saying a consumer can have no idea on the quality of a product simply because they are not the man/woman in charge?

The others will air their views, and have done in the past.

If a mod thinks a thread is stepping out of line sure go ahead and lock the thread, but deleting a thread without explanation or answering some simple questions is taking advantage of their position for their own means/agenda, not for the good of the site. You just need to see how unaware you are to see why a thread should be locked initially before deletion.

As for my standard reply, you're right, but it didnt make up the base of my response unlike macblobs.

i'll explain the private members club comment when i have some time, it'll take a while.

Thanks.

PS IanKing: I appreciate your reply and take it on board. I don't have time to run another forum. I already run one which has almost 700,000 unarchived posts, 6900 members and over 5.5 million impressions (last i looked which was last year) a month. I can say pretty safely that i know what i'm talking about when it comes to discussion forums.

I stopped using mini2.com because it became far too cliquey, i'd hate to see it happen here too.

Banned
    Car
    R56 FJCW
    quote:Originally posted by KJ_innit
    i'll explain the private members club comment when i have some time, it'll take a while
    You can find the time to reply to posts withing minutes but you can't answer a simple question
    Mate, something's really upset you, but, i'm with McBlob on this one, water off a ducks back, water under the bridge, life's too short, forgive and forget, let sleeping dogs lie, let bygones be bygones etc etc
    I can't comment on the deleted thread as i didn't see it, as for the site, as far as i'm concered it's never been healthier, in my opinion of course

minidriver#1
    I'll leave it now.

Did you get my email btw? Let me know how it goes because i want to try it out too. still waiting on the PSP.

Banned
    Car
    R56 FJCW
    quote:Originally posted by KJ_innit
    Did you get my email btw? Let me know how it goes because i want to try it out too. still waiting on the PSP
    Sadly my ever faithfull PC has crashed again, was always gonna fix it properly but never got round to it, so, i've still not managed to try it all out

minidriver#1
    well i'll race you and compare results at the end

Mr Nice :-) & Sponsor
    <blinks>

Jeez I go away on a training course for a few days and I miss all the juicy stuff!

Anywho whassup KJ mate? I'm on here quite a bit and would hate to be thought of as part of a clique and if I am I'd like you or any of the soft spoken others that agree with you to PM me and let me know as it honestly wasn't my intention, I never though I was.

In coming late to this thread I see that you've already had a few of the overprotective responses that you're most likely to get when you post something sticking a somewhat mysterious and veiled boot into the site that a few of us enjoy posting on. Whilst I really don't agree with the posts of "Pi$$ aff ya drama queen raj" [/paraphrase] :) since you've been on the site since seriously BC (before Col :)) and I met you and nattered away nae bother but I can understand why some people would feel that way as you can have came across as combative in this thread. I don't know what's upset you but something obviously has. I mean I know that BS and Gaj are a right couple o' f@nnys and that Wul character is just fakin creepy man but the mods on here seem harmless enough apart from the odd post edit . Personally I think they're a load of jessies for not deleting this thread just to yank yer chain! (Go on mods!!! I dare you!!! Seriously though, if something's buggin' you let us know man since, after all, the peasants here certainly are revolting and we'll help you overthrow the bourjoise and start a rumble at a moments notice just to get through a day in work! :) Don't just pop out wee half digs and snideys man. You'd be the first to flame the crap outta someone else if they done that. Tell us all whats up so we can try and fix it or go have a coke and a smile and don't turn into one if the fisherman just lookin' for a reaction. :)

Pantomime Villain & Car Plan Ambassador Crombers's Avatar
    Car
    R50 Cooper & F55 SD
    Ditto , I,ve enjoyed meeting up with you over the 2004/2005 NMS runs (& it's now 2006 fella , where you been hidin ). Dinna give up on us man , I enjoy readin all yer p!sh :approve:

R50 Cooper ..... Mini Plant Oxford

19 years of MINIfascination

minidriver#1
    Lol!

sh@z
    I can totally sympathise with how KJ has reacted to the past few days' events. I am also 'one of the others' who feel that this site is going down the wrong path in the sense that its becoming ever more clique and elitist, albeit since i dont have a mini anymore, you could just say "who is he to comment". This, much like for KJ, is one of the main reasons im not active on here much these days, and i've been around longer than mistar KJ himself (i think anyways).

The reasoning for the post being deleted, in all fairness, was legitimate and acceptable, but only on a forum where the rule is enforced across the board. I have seen the same language (also *'ed out like in KJ's post) and so on used across the forum without a mod blinking an eye, but now, rather than lock the thread with a reason, just a straight deletion was used. I would have reacted in the same way as Kj did if i was subject to the same treatment, and im sure this would not have happened if it was someone else who had made the same post.

Also, the moderators are not reflective at all of the membership of this club, this is in NO way a personal attack on any of the mods (as i have met all of you, and get on very well with you all), but the mod's, i also feel, do not reflect totally on whats going on in the club, and this needs to be addressed, i feel. Also you guys should know whats going on, only one of you knew what had happened, that person being the one who deleted the post, communication between mods seems to be lacking.

I had posted a similair post like this in the past, commenting on the clique nature of the club in its current state, and then i was told this was not the case blah blah, but here we are, a year on, and its even more apparent (for people on the outside looking in anyway). If you doubt this, ask yourselves, out of the total membership of the club, how many are regularly posting? I found that when i did post a topic, it would either go ignored or have very little response, but when someone on the 'inside' did so, everyone else jumped and posted away (this is only an example, and again not attacking anybody), as KJ said he wasnt the only one who felt this way, and i also know that i am not.

I am just posting this as i feel that you all think that Kj is alone in his views, and the way he reacted was unjust and so on. I guess I just wanted to give my opinion and raise the issues that are prevalent, since i do enjoy reading on here, and would hate to see this site go down the same road as mini2 (which i stopped posting on a long time ago due to the same reasons above) as i have spent a lot of time contributing and seeing people at meets etc.

God speed
    shaz