RGU Gym anyone?

aimee_s
    anyone a member of the RGUSport thing? or at RGU Uni for that matter.... and is utterly p****d off at the parking situation? its a joke, really it is! 20 mins today i drove around looking for a space so that i could use the gym i pay £37 a month for...oh, and i got warned that if i didnt keep going round in circles looking for a space and just sat and waited for one, I'd get fined... :evil::mad::evil::mad:

This is shocking, My Pa in Law works up there and he is not impressed with the whole situation, then there is the locals. Man they must get pissed with all the cars parked, then there is the buses......and on ..and on.. it goes
    SO FAR, SO GOOD, SO WHAT ??

Car
    Full on JCW!! :)
    We have similar pain at Dundee Uni...
    £200 a year for a car parking permit, they're removing car parks every year just now (as part of the 'green' policy), and for the fee we're charged, no-one is guarranteed a space (except of course if you're a disabled driver, talk about positive discrimintaion). the car parking wardens are the sort of idiots who write tickets for folk, THEN leave a sarky note on your windscreen too, about parking properly between the lines etc. The other alternative is to pay $5 a year for the other sort of permit, then pay up to £1.60 for each day. The machines rarely accept £1 coins first time, swallow them quite often, and obviously don't give change...

It's everywhere!! :disapprove:

duncan
    Don't get me started on the University and parking, Ewan :mad::mad::mad::mad:

Sponsor
    I lost out on a permit for RGU in the 04/05 term which was totally unfair. (i cant be arsed explaining why and im sure you dont care). So i emailed the head parking person over and over and over until eventully i got one. £130.. ouch! But the permit doesnt mean you will definately get a space. In adition, RGU have dropped approx 40 spaces for a 2 week period and more to follow. Its a complete joke.

Im a member at RGUsport but as I have a permit, I usually get a space without to much trouble.