New Springs

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    AN03REW
    Ive got 40mm profile tyres on and would lowering the car 30mm look nice? Post some pics to let me see please. And where can I get springs for good prices?

Pantomime Villain & Car Plan Ambassador Crombers's Avatar
    Car
    R50 Cooper & F55 SD
    quote:Originally posted by AN03REW

Ive got 40mm profile tyres on and would lowering the car 30mm look nice? Post some pics to let me see please. And where can I get springs for good prices?
    Oh gawd no , don't do it
    Think of your resale value (£0.00)

R50 Cooper ..... Mini Plant Oxford

19 years of MINIfascination

AN03REW
    what do you mean?

Car
    R50 Cooper & F55 SD

what do you mean?
    Maybe it's just me but I prefer originality & when I see the lowered Saxo/Corsa brigade I just cringe :dead::disapprove:. If you sell your car in the future in a modified (non BMW) state you'll get feck all for it.

AN03REW
    I did know that! does it really drop in price? You see Ive a mini one with standered springs so it rolls and isnt as good as it should be. I guess I could put back in standered springs for selling could I?

Car
    R50 Cooper & F55 SD

I did know that! does it really drop in price? You see Ive a mini one with standered springs so it rolls and isnt as good as it should be. I guess I could put back in standered springs for selling could I?
    Anything modified would have to be out back to original if selling/trading back via BMW/MINI (this I know for sure).

Those that have modified their MINI's may wish to post to offer their advice.

Maybe you would sell privately but I,m sure most folk would walk if they saw a MINI that had been customised/lowered (I would). The techno folk will be along soon but I would imagine you could refit the original springs. Does your MINI roll that much. Don't recall any ONE owners complaining that much.

Bottom line though mate , it's your car & your choice to do with as you please.

AN03REW
    its not to bad but once u drive a cooper you see the difference! I think itl make it look better to. Does any one recomend a certain make of spring?

The Dogfather
    Andrew, you could have saved me a fortune, I was looking for a one owner to swap my SS+ suspension with as it was killing my back.

I think you find to stop the roll as well as a cooper you'll need to consider springs, anti-roll bars and dampers.

X30YES
    Stiffer springs etc might be the way to go rather than lowering , even bigger wheels would do it ,at the end of the day its your car and money .

kevinpitkeathly
    I have a mini one when i bought it i got the sport suspension fitted by BMW and it is fantastic i wouldnt even think of lowering it