Smiley grumpies

Car
    R56 JCW Hatch, R60 JCW Countryman ALL4
    Does anyone else have these around there area?

We were approaching one the other day and our car speedo said we were doing about 28MPH, our Road Pilot said we were doing exactly 31MPH and the smiley/grumpy was in grumpy mode and said we were doing 37MPH??

Who calibrates these? Who puts them up? I've never seen them being erected. Maybe it's the Safety camera partnership. Maybe its the police. maybe its the council. Heck, maybe it's santafrikkinclause. Whoever, it is, they need to calibrate them better.:mad:

That all said, they are a good idea. Makes you think about your speed around town.:I

R60 Light White / Red Countryman All 4 John Cooper Works Auto
    R57 Chili Red Convertible John Cooper Works Auto

Sponsor
    quote:Originally posted by AndyP & Lenore

Does anyone else have these around there area?

We were approaching one the other day and our car speedo said we were doing about 26MPH, our Road Pilot said we were doing exactly 31MPH and the smiley/grumpy was in grumpy mode and said we were doing 37MPH??

Who calibrates these? Who puts them up? I've never seen them being erected. Maybe it's the Safety camera partnership. Maybe its the police. maybe its the council. Heck, maybe it's santafrikkinclause. Whoever, it is, they need to calibrate them better.:mad:

That all said, they are a good idea. Makes you think about your speed around town.:I
    As they are there to prevent death i guess they will over exagerate your speed a bit.. maybe.

However, i dont agree that they are a good thing for this reason.

I used to pass one on my way home from work in Inverness. The road in questionis one which is difficult to speed on, its a big corner so i generally passed it at 30 or less anyway. So one day I wanted to see what the unhappy face looked like so i went mincing past at 40. ACE! I did it every time from then on

Car
    quote:Originally posted by sleepyrascal

[.... one day I wanted to see what the unhappy face looked like so i went mincing past at 40. ACE! I did it every time from then on
    It's not a competition Sleepy! Points don't make prizes

The Dogfather
    I'd rather see them than a wayne-kerr with a speed gun......

Car
    quote:Originally posted by Vidal Buffoon

I'd rather see them than a wayne-kerr with a speed gun......
    Good point. They were in town last night and looked rather dissapointed that I wasn't going over 30mph.

L