New MINI Magazine

Page 2 of 16 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast
    Car
    Mini Cooper
    Great to see a New Mini mag but I hope this is not a sign of the mini scene splitting into two camps. This is just what the new mini haters want.

Car
    Full on JCW!! :)
    Anyone else tried to send them some pics?

Mine bounced back twice today...
    hmmmm...

Mini Martyn
    Julz will your Baby fit on the front or will it be one of these phots that raps around the whole cover?

As the donkey from Shrek likes to say "I like Big Butts and I can not Lie!"

Julz
    quote:Originally posted by Mini Martyn

Julz will your Baby fit on the front or will it be one of these phots that raps around the whole cover?

As the donkey from Shrek likes to say "I like Big Butts and I can not Lie!"

("Your donkey can talk??", "Yeah, it's getting him to shutup that's the trick!":clown:)

macblob
    Jus twhat we need, i saw an ad for it in Mini magazine at the weekend.

looking forward to the 1st issue

lightbody
    I think its a shame that there is a separate magazine.

It will encourage the stupidity that has been going on South of the border at shows and stuff.

I presume this means also that Mini mag will become Classic Mini only?

Wul
    Rob - i understand what you mean but as the popularity of the MINI grows the combined mag would become too big to keep at a reasonable price where both types of owner would end up coughing out £5+ per issue to probably only read half the magazine - then you'd get each side moaning about this - stopping their subscriptions and ultimately killing the mag off altogether:(

I reckon each mag should still pay homage to each other in someway to keep the silliness at bay!

macblob
    I think the new car needs a mag as there is very little about them in the traditional mini magazines, you only really get a few wee articles here and there.

However I understand where ur coming from Rob

Still looking forward to the mag though

Sponsor & Jakey
    Agree with you to an extent Rob, wouldn't like to see anything perpetuate the Mini / MINI bigotry. I think you're right about Mini Mag staying as a classic magazine, this months issue has next to nothing about new MINI in it. Looks like they're gearing up for the switchover to the new mag.

I'm afraid that, for me anyway, Mini World (despite doing some reasonable features on the new car) have only continued to fan the embers by consistently publishing some very inflammatory letters within their pages. I would have though an impartial editor would have had a bit more sense. :mad:

<jumps down from his high horse>.... I'll get my coat :I
    Occasional MINI driver....... but mostly Uma Thurman ;0)

Car
    Mini Cooper
    I would have thought the existing mini magazines could make room for more articles on the new mini by reducing the amount of classic minis featured - they are often so similar anyway and this month both mini mag and miniworld featured the same classic mini! (it did have new mini rear lights ).
    I also don't like the way they keep refering to the "BMW" mini - no one talks about "Ford" Landrovers or "Ford" Aston Martins (which are also British motoring icons with a long heritage).
    Not that I have anything against BMW (make great cars) or the classic mini (I own one!)
    What do others think?