Winter ride.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    broken_brian
    u could try a citroen xantia 1.9 td just for that strange floaty suspension and no handling whatsoever i used one as a runaround while i done some extensive welding on my mini classic. It make u appreciate how good minis really are old or new. or for some sideways fun on the winter roads u could try a sierra.

broken_brian
    ps. xantias are solid cars cos i crashed mine at about 40 mph and just cracked the bumper

Car
    Mini Cooper
    Hey! I said I decide against a metro! :mad::I Seriously though the reason they are a good second hand buy is the sort of people :dead:8) who run them - don't you know you suffocate if you go over 40mph!!
    As for a classic mini I would have recommended one 10 years ago but try finding a decent one for 800 quid now. I avoid using my classic in the winter as it is much more lible to rust the my new mini (I hope!).

bazza
    KJ you would be better off just spending the 800 quid on a good jet wash twice a week for the winter it would be better than driving a Metro (that is kind of minish mmmm?).

Bas

Car
    Full on JCW!! :)
    KJ... If you decide to go for a Classic mini (maybe not the best thing ever for the winter... ) and you want ahand to go have a loko at some, give me a shout an I'll come along and dig holes in all the right places if you want..
    I've had.. ahem.... LOTS of them in the past.. in various states
    Get a Mini... or get the bus!!!

lightbody
    I'd agree that a Classic Mini isn't the best thing in winter... fogged up windows for a start, also it might dissolve before spring!

I can't think why you wouldn't run your MINI right through winter though - its a modern car with good rustproofing, its safe for winter (ABS etc. and good demisting!) and you bought it to have fun in it so use it!

For a used car, you'll get lots more for your money if u look at slighly bigger cars. Rover 200? Mondeo even...

Banned
    Car
    GP 0878
    I have for sale a lovely Corolla executive:)

51,000 miles new MOT and years road tax:)

Electric windows,mirrors,sun roof,power steering etc etc

new alloy wheels and the original alloy wheels and it could be yours for £800:)

minidriver#1
    do you have pics?

sh@z
    its a corolla.... :)

Banned
    Car
    GP 0878
    quote:Originally posted by KJ_innit

do you have pics?

Give me your e-mail address and I will take a photo in the morning in daylight:)