STICKY PADS

bazza
    Hi folks,just got a new set of chrome number plate surrounds,the old plates are on with sticky pads does anyone know the best way to get off the sticky mess that is left?.
    Bas.

Banned
    Car
    R56 FJCW
    quote:Originally posted by bazza

Hi folks,just got a new set of chrome number plate surrounds,the old plates are on with sticky pads does anyone know the best way to get off the sticky mess that is left?. Bas.
    Wire brush and dettol, yes, thats what we used in my day, oops, wrong thread :I Get some petrol and a slightly damp cloth, sploosh on a small amount of the petrol, rub gently, once off wash immediately with car wash and dry off.

Bonnie Scotland

3GGG
    Orange peel is also good. They actually sell special sticky label remover which is made from orange peel, smells of orange anyway.

Wul
    Or the same process as BS stated but with white spirit!

3GGG - had a friend move into a new house and tried a whole bottle of that stuff to remove the sticky labels from the side of the new bath but with no avail - then i asked them if they'd remove the protective film first - oops said they!

bazza
    Cheers guys will give these tips a bash.

Bas.
    ps sorry I did not make the Glencoe run I was watching out for you all as I was up there but did not see anyone.

john-apex
    Bazza we use a glue remover at work which wont harm paintwork, do you need any?.:)

bazza
    John thanks for the offer of the glue remover,I am down in Cumbernauld so a bit out the way to pick it up,I will try the white spirit or petrol first and if no joy will give you a shout and arrange something.
    ta much.Bas
    quote:Originally posted by john-apex

Bazza we use a glue remover at work which wont harm paintwork, do you need any?.:)