Help save my MINI - Cooper/One Suspension Swap

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Banned
    Car
    R56 FJCW
    Paul, not being argumentitive here, but, surely you must have known before you installed the LPG whether the suspension was ideal or not:question:
    As i see it, your theory of installing the LPG to cut your costs will actually cost you more than if you'd stuck with the normal expensive fossil fuel
    I seem to remember you saying that once installed you'd defo keep the car for it to make it cost effective

The Dogfather
    Alan, I was going to keep the MINI long term, but there now seems to be a link between driving the MINI and a medical complaint.

If I don't drive the MINI for a few days I'm OK, but as soon as I drive the MINI lots of pain. I'm pretty sure its the hard ride........ :(

I really pee'd off as the MINI sounds great, handles brilliantly and does 260 miles on £15 of fuel. What the hell am I going to replace it with?

Smitty
    Why dont you replace your wheels with 16's or even 15's?. I'm sure that would improve the ride.

Mr Nice :-) & Sponsor
    quote:Originally posted by bad dog mini

I need to err on the side of caution at the moment so suspension will need to be changed. :(
    Sheesh you insensitive lot don't exactly pick up on subtle hints do ya's???? In his quote above he's trying to point out he has a medical reason for trying to get softer suspension but you guys make the guy spell it out that he has piles!!! Why not just buy a wee inflatable doughnut cushion BD? :clown:

The Dogfather
    Col, you're the only large pain in the arse in a MINI

The Dogfather
    The ride was still very fidgety when I had 15s

GAJ
    quote:Originally posted by bad dog mini

quote:Originally posted by john

chuck out the big heavy tank from the boot that should help!!
    That's no way to talk about Jackie :blackeye:
    Would that not be chuck out the big heavy boot from the tank?

Only kidding!

Nobody would describe a MINI as a tank!:clown:

The Dogfather

The Dogfather
    Looks like no luck on the suspension front then :(

A decision will be made tomorrow about the MINIs replacement either a A2 TDI Sport (to be superchipped to 110bhp), 3 Series Compact TD or my choice an 1.8 MX5.

It'll be nice to drive a car without the back/nerve pain.

A sad day approaches :(:(:(:(

Mr Nice :-) & Sponsor
    Awwwwwwww come on man there must be an alternative. Can you not change seats/wheels/complete suspension? :( Bad dog A3 TDI Sport or Bad Dog 3 series comact TD or Bad Dog Hairdresser doesn't have the same ring!