i-pod

Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678 LastLast
    Mr Nice :-) & Sponsor
    quote:Originally posted by GAJ

I think he was going to, you put the price up!!

Coughtightersesplutter!
    Excellent point and very well made! :approve:

Banned
    Car
    R56 FJCW
    I think he was going to, you put the price up!!
    Coughtightersesplutter!
    quote:Originally posted by Big Col
    Excellent point and very well made! :approve:
    Hmm, I don't think so :mad: i asked for an offer, he didn't make one, then i hinted that on eBay they were selling for a price range, he then made an offer which didn't meet my expectations
    At no time did I put the price up :disapprove:

GAJ
    I thought it went a bit like -

Make me an offer - don't ask me what I want for it...

...I'm guessing you're gonna expect about £200? I was hoping to get away with a wee bitty less than that...

...they're currently selling on eBay for around £110 including the songs so make me an offer...

...I never want to insult people by offering too low! Shall we say £100 then.

Unless you're prepared to pay £150 including all the songs, i'll be keeping it!

I asssumed from that initial part of that exchange that you were inviting an offer of slightly less than £110 (bearing in mind the NMS ethos you have mentioned in the past). I didn't think that you would expect Col to say "Well if I can buy one from a stranger for £110 then I'll give you £150"!?!? Apparently I'm mistaken?

Nothing to do with me though, anyway!:blackeye: I just like putting my neb in!

Banned
    Car
    R56 FJCW
    I asssumed from that initial part of that exchange that you were inviting an offer of slightly less than £110
    Assume makes an "ass" out of "u" and "me"
    bearing in mind the NMS ethos you have mentioned in the past. I didn't think that you would expect Col to say "Well if I can buy one from a stranger for £110 then I'll give you £150"!?!? Apparently I'm mistaken?
    At no time did i invite an offer of anything slightly less than £110, i merely indicated that on eBay similar iPods were going for around that figure with songs. The ones i had looked at had around 1,100 songs.
    My NMS ethos still stands, i will have a go at anyone who wants to gross profiteer on this site.
    To think that selling an iPod that originally cost me £239 and now has over 8,000 songs on for £150 is trying to rip Col off or is breaking my NMS ethos is wrong.
    quote:Originally posted by GAJNothing to do with me though, anyway!:blackeye: I just like putting my neb in!
    We agree on something

GAJ
    Well done David Brent!

Alan, it's an iPod. The ripped songs on it are worthless, you don't have the right to sell them or even to give them for free, that's illegally sharing music - see previous threads.

It's clear now though thanks to your explanation - you can buy one on eBay for £110 but you are looking for £150 for your one cos you are going to 'add value' by illegally sharing ripped music.

Thanks for clearing that up!:mad:

Banned
    Car
    R56 FJCW

Well done David Brent!

Alan, it's an iPod. The ripped songs on it are worthless, you don't have the right to sell them or even to give them for free, that's illegally sharing music - see previous threads.

It's clear now though thanks to your explanation - you can buy one on eBay for £110 but you are looking for £150 for your one cos you are going to 'add value' by illegally sharing ripped music.

Thanks for clearing that up!:mad:
    Nice one, who the hell is David Brent!
    Knowing that Col has all of the original tracks on MY iPod i can safely sell it to him without breaching any copy right of any artistes therein named.
    I'm adding value because i've already transferred the songs onto the iPod for him, saves him loads of time or maybe I only assumed he had the originals.

I'm sure Col will be along shortly to personally thank you for getting involved in his thread and denying me any chance of his initial request of buying an iPod

Well...uh...<coff>...uhm...that is to say...<fiddles with collar>...yeah...uhm...well...I mean obviously...<edges towards the door>...HEY LOOK OVER THERE!!! WUL'S GIVING LNL A BATH WITH A MEGUIRS MITT!!! <runs like fcuk into the distance>

Wul
    Don't drag me into this Col.................Col.........................CO L.........................COL:clown:

Car
    Full on JCW!! :)
    hee hee hee... Ooh, stoppit that tickles.... :I
    Oh..er... umm.. where did you all come from??:I:I

Err.. Look!! Look!! There's a guy over there driving while smoking, drinking, reading, eating a Pot Noodle and pickin his nose whilst driving!!...

<disappears in a blur of teeny legs and suds>

<light reflects off the mirror Col has stuck to a bayonett with a bit of chewing gum and is poking round the corner>