i-pod

Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    Sponsor
    quote:Originally posted by Big Col
    Are they sure they all charge through USB2 mate? I didn't think the older ones did and I'll be connecting it up though me X-Box 360 so need it to charge through USB. :)
    Dam i dont know. I have the dock for it if thats any help. I really dont know.

Smitty
    quote:Originally posted by sleepyrascal

Are they sure they all charge through USB2 mate? I didn't think the older ones did and I'll be connecting it up though me X-Box 360 so need it to charge through USB. :)
    just plug it into ur USB port n see sleepy. If its charging the batterty will change to have a small plug on it.

I no mine does (6G, video one) but not sure on the later ones

Sponsor
    quote:Originally posted by Smitty

quote:Originally posted by sleepyrascal

just plug it into ur USB port n see sleepy. If its charging the batterty will change to have a small plug on it.

I no mine does (6G, video one) but not sure on the later ones
    I dont have USB2 so it wont charge on my laptop regardless.

Mark R
    It's only the iPod minis and possibly the iPod photos onward that charge via USB, all earlier models used firewire. I only know because I've got one the same as sleepy and just tried it out.

USB 2.0 is required to charge via USB that's true. Mainly because the earlier version of USB didn't provide enough power. I'm pretty sure that's accurate but I'm sure someone will let me know if that's wrong.

Mr Nice :-) & Sponsor
    D'oh! Thanks for the info Mark and thank you for the offer sleepy. :( Sedgie, carry on.

OHHH FIIIIII!

GAJ
    Any iPod from the fourth generation onwards will charge via USB. It does not need to be USB 2.0, however the USB socket must be powered.:)

Wul
    But But.....why not use the power adaptor/ dock to charge it - you need a power socket for your X-Box and telly anywyay!! 8)

Smitty
    Why not just buy a AC adaptor from ebay. I got one for about £5 with delivery.

Saves waiting half a day for it to charge via USB

GAJ
    In the good old days the iPod came supplied with a firewire cable, a USB cable, a remote control, a mains charger and a dock. It cost more though!:(

Sponsor
    Well Big Col I have the DOck also. I think what folk are saying is that it will charge via udb if the pod is in the dock.