getting done for using mobile

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    Car
    2007 R52 S "Sh**ey White" & 2016 Skoda Yeti "Daily"
    you're right sweeney re the discretion, however they have discretion with EVERY traffic offence, however you rarely see it being used. :disapprove::disapprove: They have to pay for their overtime somehow.........:approve:

euan
    I saw a police man pull over a woman (who was quite atrractive, it has to be said) in a new CLK last night for using her mobile.

Thing is, why didnt she just order bluetooth when she got the car???

Car
    Full on JCW!! :)
    quote:Originally posted by euan

I saw a police man pull over a woman (who was quite atrractive, it has to be said) in a new CLK last night for using her mobile.

Thing is, why didnt she just order bluetooth when she got the car???
    Because...
    Most people who are 'quite attractive' who buy cars like that don't buy them for the amazing range of accessories or gadgets if you follow.

Like that stupid bloody woman on 'It's the Dog or me' the other night who bought one of those little chinese hairless dogs because she wanted a fashion accessory to put in her handbag so she could be just like Paris Hilton. Yes.. the dog was psychotic, because she didn't think she had to train it, and because it was so sociopathic, she was talking about having it put down like she was talking about throwing away an old handbag because it was inconvenient.
    These people should be made to drive little safe cars (safe for everyone else on the road that is)... like Neon Orange Metros or something...

:mad:

me? spell not right? that's unpossible..

quote:
    These people should be made to drive little safe cars (afe for everyone else on the road that is)... lie Neon Orange Metros or something...
    :mad:
    SO FAR, SO GOOD, SO WHAT ??

Mini Martyn
    Do you not get a free hands free kit with a new phone anyway?? it might not be the coolest looking thing but its better that than driving with your phone to your ear!! :evil:

euan
    Yeah, usually do these days although they are all the cable ones that make it look like your listening to an MP3 player...

GAJ
    I got a free bluetooth headset with my last phone, it came with car charger and mains charger. It works fine, don't use it though. If anyone is after one give me a shout.

j mac
    about 4 yrs ago there was a programme on tv ( some sort of gumball rally ) and damon hill was driving a yellow lambo and was stopped on tower bridge for using his mobile.... he got away with it so maybe u need to be in a flash motor and be famous! and the copper let him away live on tv!

GAJ
    4 years ago it wasn't a specific offence.

euan
    quote:Originally posted by GAJ

4 years ago it wasn't a specific offence.
    Very true, but doesn't mean they didn't get arsy with you. A guy stopped me while I was in traffic at Waverley station and all I'd done was pick it up and say "Dave, I'll call you back" and hung up! I wasn't even moving. Think he was bitter that I had a mini as it was just not long out. Young guy, think the power had gone to his head. Either that or he was just being a git.