getting done for using mobile

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast
    j mac
    if you get done for this do u get 3 points??:mad:

Sponsor
    rightly so in my opinion. Althought I wish they could guage the stupidness of each individual person before dishing out points. I still occasionally answer my phone when im driving if its important, but i make a point of saying "be quick im driving" and hang up within a few seconds. I know that doesnt make it any less dangerous, but what I hate is people who either overtake me on the dueller talking on their phone (and im no slouch on the dueller) or people dithering around town because they are on the phone. I HATE DITHERERS!!!!! AAARRRGGGGHHHHHH!!!!!

j mac
    my hands free kit is permantely glued to my head.... apart from yesterday morn whilst charging the phone it goes of and thought a quick answer wont hurt!!!! all i got was " be quick i'm" ( blue lights!)

rutherglens finest were soon flashing me, got a 30 fine but was unsure if i get points?

Sponsor
    quote:Originally posted by j mac

my hands free kit is permantely glued to my head.... apart from yesterday morn whilst charging the phone it goes of and thought a quick answer wont hurt!!!! all i got was " be quick i'm" ( blue lights!)

rutherglens finest were soon flashing me, got a 30 fine but was unsure if i get points?
    DAM! See that kinda sucks!! You wont get three points for that surely!! Although the cops do hate mob phones these days.

Mr Nice :-) & Sponsor
    No points mate. There's just the fixed penalty fine, although there are plans to change that and make it endorsable and increase the fine to £60.

j mac
    tell u the truth they were brand new, never gave me grief just a laugh that my kit was on the passenger seat, then went into a convo about the mcs and how fast they are.......

I said i knew NOTHING about its performance 70 is plenty i lied... sorry replied!

Mini Martyn
    I have to say that the old police do like the Mini Cooper S, well in my experience every time i got pulled all they did was talk about the car!!

Start Moaning

As for people that drive with a mobile up to their ear, get a hands free kit!!! Their is nothing i hate more than seeing some tit in a Porsche, Range Rover or any thing else flashy and they cant even afford the handsfree kit to go with it!! And then when you peep at them for cutting you up and they look at you like you have done some thing wrong!! :evil::evil:

Moaning Over

I Want A Works
    Slightly off topic but..............

.....The head man on the site where I work sent out an email just the law got taken in (Dec 2004?) saying that anyone seen driving on sht site using a mobile phone would get their privledge for driving on site removed, reported to their management etc etc etc etc.......

....1 week later, he was spotted driving about the site, phone slapped to his ear talking away:evil:

I should stay away from this post, I ****ing hate Mobile phones and driving. I have done the following to people who drive while using phones
    stepped onto the road while someone was on their phone, scared the sh*t out of them.
    Let someone pull in, front of me then closed the gap so they are stuck on the road blocking it.
    Always blare my horn and on all occasions gestured they are ******s for using the phone.

It annoys me soooo much, I know I must get over this, but I feel I must let them know I am not happy:mad:
    SO FAR, SO GOOD, SO WHAT ??

Sweeney
    I don't think points are issued at the mo, infact i believe its at the constable/officers discretion whether to fine you or not.

Although i haven't been caught myself