Aurora Now!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    3GGG
    Look out to the North - fantastic display of Northern Lights tonight!
    Clear Skies!

Linda M
    Willie was driving home from Edinburgh late last night and said it was beautiful. I didn't get out of my bed to look :I:clown:

3GGG
    Sorry you missed it Linda, it was a good one. First saw it about 7pm, then had to go to visit the mother-in-law and could also see it as I was driving, came home and it had gone, then much later at about 11pm it was back better than ever, I watched from my bedroom for about 20 minutes.

Fontal
    You guys and gals want to try living up here in the shetlands the northern lights are out most nights and the fill the sky with colour greens blues pinks all shooting, it's absoloutly fantastic.
    I've been trying to get pics but the digital camera wont pic them up
    Richard

Car
    Full on JCW!! :)
    Heh heh ... bugger... I missed that. I t was cloudy over Dundee... been looking tho!...
    The cause of it this time was radiation and stuff from the 3rd biggest ever Solar flare form the sun, which apparently only took 30 hours to get to us..... Scary stuff!!!!

Fontal
    It is quite licky that it will just as spectacular tonight as well so keep those eyes peeled.
    Richard

Banned
    Car
    R56 FJCW
    I'm right in the middle of it this far up north, low cloud cover last night but still spectacular.

Bonnie Scotland

seany
    no never saw them to cloud.

Car
    Full on JCW!! :)
    Some pics...
    All from the USA unfortunately....

http://science.nasa.gov/spaceweather/aurora/gallery_01oct03_page3.html

seany
    SOME NICE COLOURS.