Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    J Cee

macblob
    Ive got a 180bhp leon cupra and its pretty quick, but there bigger heavier cars than the mini.
    In a straight line he maybe faster, but Id say the mini would win in the twistys
    If he gets it remapped (about 500 quid), it will put the bhp to around 270bhp, then ud be knackered

quote:Originally posted by macblob

Ive got a 180bhp leon cupra and its pretty quick, but there bigger heavier cars than the mini.
    In a straight line he maybe faster, but Id say the mini would win in the twistys
    If he gets it remapped (about 500 quid), it will put the bhp to around 270bhp, then ud be knackered
    Keep the re-mapping idea to yourself and suggest a twisty bendy road, then leave him in your mirrors
    SO FAR, SO GOOD, SO WHAT ??

Nick
    i dont believe for one second you can remap a 180bhp Leon Cupra for £500 to 270bhp??!?!.....surely not??

I have a works S and im pretty certain its quicker than a 225bhp leon cupra r....ive lined my car up against machinery thats faster than that....

macblob
    I didnt mean my 180 cupra would remap to 270, more like 230 if i was lucky.
    I meant a 225bhp cupra r which is what was being discussed would remap to about 270 :)

Loui
    Ive had a brief play an not much in it in a straight line

Nick
    mini is a good bit lighter than the leon and only 15bhp less. Interesting article here:

http://www.autoexpress.co.uk/grouptests/1783/fourcar_hot_hatchback_test.html

So Works is actually as fast as a 240bhp Vauxhall VXR from 30-70mph...And infact quicker from 0-60mph (6.3)

Resident old yin.
    quote:Originally posted by Nick

mini is a good bit lighter than the leon and only 15bhp less. Interesting article here:

http://www.autoexpress.co.uk/grouptests/1783/fourcar_hot_hatchback_test.html

So Works is actually as fast as a 240bhp Vauxhall VXR from 30-70mph...And infact quicker from 0-60mph (6.3)
    I think the VXR has trouble putting all that power down through the front wheels though.

Nick
    i agree, has trouble putting power down, also you cannot fully turn off traction control in a vxr i believe.

Anyway the point is i really cannot see how a leon with only 15bhp more, carrying around an addition 200kilos or so can out drag a works s in a straight line.

I have conducted tests against an R32 although they are heavy still have 240bhp. And i can tell you it cannot out drag the mini. Also my friend has bmw 330cd chipped to 250bhp, 390 1Bft torque. Up to certain speeds the accleration is identical. Its only when you get up to silly speeds the diesel is faster.....

Resident old yin.
    quote:Originally posted by Nick
    Anyway the point is i really cannot see how a leon with only 15bhp more, carrying around an addition 200kilos or so can out drag a works s in a straight line.
    Neither can I. Might be quicker with some in gear times if the torque for a larger capacity, turbo-charged car.

The Seat is a lot of car for the money though.