Winscreen Replacement

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Mr Nice :-) & Sponsor
    Driving homwe last night something smacked into my windscreen causing some serious cracking. I dunno what it is but I think it might have been a Russian Satellite that had lost orbit going by the bang. Anyway I was wondering if anyone on here had any nightmares after getting their windscreens replaced and any comments on what to look out for after it's done.

Banned
    Car
    R56 FJCW
    Colin, you only need to read some of the horror stories on MINI2 to realise the problems that can occur.
    One big issue seems to be the A Pillar trim, it would appear that too often if flies off whilst driving and also leaking.
    Not too sure if it's best to get your dealer to do it or the likes of mobile company.
    I'm not trying to put you off getting it done, you should do it as a safety concern.

All the best and bad luck.

Bonnie Scotland

Wul
    Big Col - what a nightmare! if you pm/email LindaM and ask who she got to replace her windscreen last year. Or phone a dealer and ask who they recommend.

Bummer!

My insurance policy (with MINI as it happens) says Autoglass but I'll call me dealer. :( I'll also have to find out which valet service they use as the driver seat needs a good cleanin' too now.

macblob
    Ive had windscreens from both rac autoglass, and autoglass themselves, on my 3rd screen now.
    1st replacement was fine, fitted no probs, but stone hit it about 2-3 weeks later and cracked it again :disapprove:
    Replacement which is in now, i had to fiddle around with the trim on the front a pillars as it hadnt been put back on right and was hanging off on one side when i got home from work. I managed to get it to fit again ok and nothing has fallen of since.

Im with Mini Cover insurance too. Your dealer will just send the car to autoglass or equivalent place to get the screen replaced anyway. Only thing u get by going through the dealer is a front screen with the wee mini logo on it.
    Autoglass imformed me that the MINI windscreen is the thinest they have ever seen and very easy to crack, Good luck

Thankfully it aint too easy to shatter otherwise my passenger woulda been picking his teeth outta the back seat.

Thanks for the responses all. You're a lovely bunch so an' you are.

seany
    autoglass did my one, no problams.

Car
    "Tweaked" Mini ONE
    Had a look this lunchtime Col but I can't see any cracks 8) saw the crease in the roof though Not to bad but noticeable :dead:
    "I have not failed. I've just found 10,000 ways that won't work." - Thomas Edison

Mutley - May 2003 Chili Red 'One'

I got the windae replaced on Wed G man so there ain't no cracks anymore. The crease is a pain in the proverbial though. :(

niall
    John Clark in Aberdeen did mine no problems. Contacted Autoglass and they were more - Insurance issues caused me to go to John Clark and pay for it. - Elephant.co.uk (enough said!!)