finally

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    sh@z
    oh oh oh oh .... ouch

was only a matter of time till someone said that hahaha :I

glad everyone is doing well also .. and will see u all soon hopefully...

minidriver#1
    hey man, thats great news :) be good to see you behind the wheel again soon :)

Mini Martyn
    Yeh KJ but who's wheel?? hehehehe

Sponsor & Jakey
    Great to hear you've got your MINI back Sh@z (Linda and I saw it sitting in North Queensferry yesterday, looking good) See ya soon :)
    Occasional MINI driver....... but mostly Uma Thurman ;0)

sh@z
    Yeah i was seeing a friend over there... honest.. i dont go there often ...

Had kindof an incident today...

Sitting in the royal mile, in a huge queue, temp guage went to red... steam coming out all over the place... wat a sight.. pulled over to the side and open the bonnet... ssshhhh steam heh...

Turned out the fuse for the fan on the radiator had blown.. wat a bugger.

Julz
    I have sympathy for you, as that is exactly what happened to me, but mine was caused by something a bit more technical. As long as you get the cylinder head tested straight away, just avoid further damage and get your gaskets replaced, unfortunately, this won't be cheap, but might be covered under warranty, not too sure, but you have a bit of a fight considering the car just came out of a long stay with a mini dealership!!:(

sh@z
    do i need to get all that checked?? really?? cos i turned off as soon as temp rocketed, and all the engine coolant water didnt 'evaporate'... the emergency service guy just told me that i should get coolant level checked and some of the wiring taken a look at (some of it was bare - nothing to do with the rad fan, jus somethign he saw - and said i should get it sorted)... godamnit if my cars away again :/

Any ideas?

wasnt 'that' much steam btw, seemed worse sitting in a traffic queue

Julz
    Best to be on the safe side, your dealer should be able to do a 'Sniffer' test, which tests the coolant for any hint of oil contamination. Mine was quite a major overheat and only needed the gaskets replaced, the head was fine, but the test should identify any probs, better to be safe than sorry (again!!):clown:

Defintely get a sniffer test done Sh@z, really not worth the risk of not getting it done. Hope u get it all sorted soon

sh@z
    yeah will get it done on Monday... when the car goes in to get coolant levels etc checked.