Windscreen

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    broken_brian
    i can show you a pic of what looked like surface rust on the scuttle panel if you want. Just don't poke at your one with a screwdriver is all i have to say. Needless to say i am going to go for the full scuttle and dash top rail repair with some plating to the bulkhead.:( along with a full front end and 1/4 boot floor section as well, and thats just to start with

Car
    2007 R52 S "Sh**ey White" & 2016 Skoda Yeti "Daily"
    quote:Originally posted by broken_brian

i can show you a pic of what looked like surface rust on the scuttle panel if you want. Just don't poke at your one with a screwdriver is all i have to say. Needless to say i am going to go for the full scuttle and dash top rail repair with some plating to the bulkhead.:( along with a full front end and 1/4 boot floor section as well, and thats just to start with

just hoping wee dougal hasn't got any BIG surprises...

Car
    Full on JCW!! :)
    quote:

just hoping wee dougal hasn't got any BIG surprises...
    Lol.. and that's just a wee job

My first Mini I had to replace the whole front floor, including the bottom of the door frame, A-panels and sills... and one of the metal bands round the rear Rubber Suspension cone had snapped... that's a fun one to replace when everything is rusted solid!

(Oh yeah.. the car only cost me £160! )
    Wish I could have that wee Clubby back to play with now! :(

Car
    Mini Cooper

Needless to say i am going to go for the full scuttle and dash top rail repair with some plating to the bulkhead.:( along with a full front end and 1/4 boot floor section as well, and thats just to start with
    Sounds familiar :evil:
    I just love my angle grider and MIG welder

Car
    well, the paint guy has now seen the car and it's booked in for the sat after the mini meet at cumbernauld (beginning of March)

the only issue he has is putting the windscreen back in (he says they are not too bad to put back in), therefore I am looking for a volunteer to help put my windscreen back in when the job is done.

I will cover you expenses (petrol, food and drink etc ) and I will take full responsibility if the screen should crack or break. I just need your expertise for the refitting.

Volunteers? ?

Thanks

C

N12 JLK
    Dam know nothing about putting it back in but could do with the food and drink

N12 JLK
    Are you bringing Dougal along to Mini Meets 3 as Lesley would like to see the car in the flesh!:) A wee outing for him before the big op

broken_brian
    I can give you a hand puting the screen back in if you want, it is easy it just takes a bit of time to do it thats all. The hard bit i getting the chrome strip in if you do not have the proper tool for doing it.

Ps: I did not break the screen on both of my minis when i put it back in that happened with my first car many years ago...

Car

I can give you a hand puting the screen back in if you want, it is easy it just takes a bit of time to do it thats all. The hard bit i getting the chrome strip in if you do not have the proper tool for doing it.

Ps: I did not break the screen on both of my minis when i put it back in that happened with my first car many years ago...
    thanks Brian - really appreciate it.... the windscreen will be going back in about the 2nd week in March for your info - but I'll be in touch nearer the time..

thanks again!

PS - has anybody got the "proper tool" as Brian describes ? ?(no smutty answers thank you very much.)

Car
    quote:Originally posted by lesley12

Are you bringing Dougal along to Mini Meets 3 as Lesley would like to see the car in the flesh!:) A wee outing for him before the big op
    He might get a wee outing...... :approve: