New MINI Scotland - Social Meets

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
    Sponsor & Jakey
    Continuing on from a thread John (Zoooooom) started on MINI2 a good wee while back, I thought it might be good to air this subject here.

As most of the folks around here will know we've had a few social meets of late (Perth, Montrose, Aberdeen) giving everyone a chance to meet and get to know their MINI counterparts Also gives us all a chance to see the latest 'modifications' on Bonnie Scotland's car :) visit different places and get a good feed as well

Personally I really enjoy the 'socials', gives me a focus whilst waiting on the next MINI run

We've bounced a few ideas around over the months as to whether we should look at regular (i.e. monthly) social meets and, given the distances involved at times, should we look to having regional events?

Throwing the topic open to the floor. It'd be good to hear your thoughts folks. Also, if any of you would like to organise your own wee social meet don't be afraid to speak up :)If there's food in the offing you can be sure at least one of our number will be there
    Occasional MINI driver....... but mostly Uma Thurman ;0)

Monsta Mo Mini
    Me thinks regional meets would be good. Central, Dundee & Aberdeen would be a good way of breaking it up.

Banned
    Car
    R56 FJCW
    I agree, i look forward to the social events as much as the runs themselves.
    Thanks to Willie again for highlighting my love of food, as long as its on offer i will take it.

So, i would welcome a once monthly meet, as long as its only once a month every month, 12 times a year.

Step right up folks and get it organised.

Bonnie Scotland, (burp)

Sponsor & Jakey
    Okay, that's a reply from Central Edinburgh and somewhere in the North Sea Still looking for more of your thoughts and comments folks :question:
    Occasional MINI driver....... but mostly Uma Thurman ;0)

Julz
    I'm pretty central for most places, but who cares where they are anyway, it's a good excuse for a drive!!:I

scott shand
    have to agree any excuse......................

Banned
    Car
    R56 FJCW
    No takers for organising the next social meet then :question:

Scott mentioned that a Carnoustie visit would be good, so, here is the gauntlet, come on Scott, what's the date :evil:

Bonnie Scotland

minidriver#1
    Carnoustie would be cool like :)

Linda M
    I was thinking that maybe the next social meet should be down here somewhere, just to give the Edinburgh and Glasgow folk more of a chance to meet us all. Just my thoughts.

Monsta Mo Mini
    What about Stirling?