Wheel arches colour coded at last - pics

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Car
    R56 JCW Hatch, R60 JCW Countryman ALL4
    quote:Originally posted by AN03REW

Hey AndyP&lenore. Do you have any problems with stone chips at the back arch, taken the paint off? My car is really rough on the plastic even tho I have front mud flaps. Id like to get them colour coded do you think it suits a black car?? Plus I have back mud flaps should I get them painted or take them off? Thanks Andrew
    We haven't had any problems so far with paint chipping. but we've only done a few hundred miles in the car since it was painted.

We only have the front mudguards, but we haven't painted them. Starts to get into the Citroen Saxo boy racer territory if you start painting mud flaps as well - in my humble opinion.

As for if it suits sa black car, Wul's post with Sh@z's pic says it all. It looks fab!

A.

R60 Light White / Red Countryman All 4 John Cooper Works Auto
    R57 Chili Red Convertible John Cooper Works Auto

Smitty
    quote:Originally posted by AndyP & Lenore
    We only have the front mudguards, but we haven't painted them. Starts to get into the Citroen Saxo boy racer territory if you start painting mud flaps as well - in my humble opinion.
    I would agree and disagree with that!!

I reckon they would look good on a dark coloured car, like yours or red or BRG.....BUT reckon it would look very tacky on lighter colored cars such as electric blue, liquid yellow etc.

Just my opinion i suppose!!

Car
    quote:Originally posted by Smitty

quote:Originally posted by AndyP & Lenore
    I would agree and disagree with that!!

I reckon they would look good on a dark coloured car, like yours or red or BRG.....BUT reckon it would look very tacky on lighter colored cars such as electric blue, liquid yellow etc.

Just my opinion i suppose!!
    Equally so, I'd agree and disagree.... Dark colours like Black and BRG, you'd get away with it. But Red? Mini Red is a bright racing red colour. I wouldn't paint the mud flaps on a red Mini. IMHO.

Thats a fine looking car with those arches, lovin it. Well done.
    Monki
    SO FAR, SO GOOD, SO WHAT ??

Pantomime Villain & Car Plan Ambassador Crombers's Avatar
    Car
    R50 Cooper & F55 SD
    Looks good sir with your darker shade of car.

If it were me (in my Pure Silver MINI i.e. a lighter shade) I reckon I would go with graphite painted arches. The lighter the shade go graphite & the darker go body colour me thinks :approve:

Just gimme the dosh & I'll be off

R50 Cooper ..... Mini Plant Oxford

19 years of MINIfascination

S7JGW
    I got my Mudflaps painted as well. Thought it looked ok. I also got scotch guard put onto the rear arch just where it gets stone chipped and it seems to help. Mines been done for over a year now with 25k+ and still looks great.

Jim

Car
    It does look fantastic in red.

Lynsey
    Where did you get the mudflaps from?

quote:Originally posted by S7JGW

I got my Mudflaps painted as well. Thought it looked ok. I also got scotch guard put onto the rear arch just where it gets stone chipped and it seems to help. Mines been done for over a year now with 25k+ and still looks great.

Jim

Mini Me
    bmw of course

sjfield1
    quote:Originally posted by S7JGW

Jim
    like the mud flaps. do you find that it keeps a wee bit less mud off the back end of the car?