Advert for Porter Cable Polishers

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Wul
    Sheliz - it rotates on a cam and the pad is free to spin so it basically reproduces hand "buffing" :I but a lot faster. it's not like a rotary polisher which spins on the one axis. :)

Laura
    We have a porter cable, I did the mini for the first time on saturday. 4 stages of polish all Meguiars: Claybar, stage 2, sealant and then stage 3.

Takes hours but its worth it! The sun had disappeared by the time we had finished but I will try and get some pictures.

Car
    F56 JCW, R50 Cooper Pre Production, Aston Martin V8 Vantage N400
    where can i get one of these porter machines from and how much will it cost.

Car
    where can i get one of these porter machines from and how much will it cost.

macblob
    You have to import them from the states.
    I think you can buy them through this lot
    http://www.autopia-carcare.com/son-sfxpol-kit.html

Then you need a convertor to use the appliance as it is designed for american power.

Wul
    ian - macblob is right - autopia ship them fast over here - it is pricey though. I got an email the other week from autopia with a 15% discount code too - cannae remember what it is though :clown:- register with the forums and you'll get their mailshot every few months with the discount codes :)

As Macblob says too - you'll need a 750Kva 240/110v transformer, an extension lead and a male 110v socket to wire to the PC - this lot you can get from screwfix direct for about £50ish!

Car
    i take it there are no companies doing a UK 230v version. The garage i worked at whilst i was at uni had a machine polisher but it was sipmply rotational and whilst it did a good job i always fealt i could achieve the same result just with a bit of elbow grease and some good polish.
    However i have heard good things about these machines so i am willing to give it a go if its not too dear.

Laura
    ours came from autopia. It works out alot cheaper if a few people get together and order them. Its well worth it though!

Not a mini but hers some pictures of my old golf after using the porter cable if anyones interested! Not the best pics but you get the idea.

If your into your detailing its definately worth it!

Car
    yes i like my detailing. I used to work part time as a car valeter whilst i was at uni. I had some training from auto glym and from a company called barton chemicals as well as having the auto smart company show us some triks. I like to keep my car nice as well as doing my families motors.

X30YES
    Wire to the PC , would a laptop save the cable