wheels in bad nick

j mac
    i have been a little lazy with my alloys and now cannot shift welded on brake dust!!:mad: is there a way to get this off without a chisel!!

j

Wul
    Hey jonny - what have you tried so far?

I'm currently using "muc-off" which is actually for cleaning bikes but works a treat on wheels too and you get a huge bottlle in halfrauds for about £7! Don't leave it on too long though!

For welded on dust you have two options - first try working the dust off with a non-stick pan friendly wash up pad - you know the ones with the white scourer bit on them - this isn't as harsh on your wheels.

Failing that you can try detailing clay(meguiars Quick Clay) - this is like a bit plasticene for paint - usually once i've used up a bit on my paintwork i keep it for doing my wheels.

:)

j mac
    cheers wul, i'll give that stuff from halfrauds a try. was using some stuff that you leave on for a minute ( cant remember name ) but it only took of the light stuff.

i'll get some tomorrow and see if it helps

cheers j

s12cot
    try using an abrasive wax - will take the brake dust off with a little elbo grease!

X30YES
    Try Jif ...now called CIF I think it will get all the stuff off and then go with some wheel cleaner .

Car
    Full on JCW!! :)
    Wonder wheels should shift it

..and you even get a wee brush in the box..

but don't leave it on too long, wash the wheels right away and dry them off and wax 'em!!