Play Mini exhaust - where to buy & fit?

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    Car
    R56 JCW Hatch, R60 JCW Countryman ALL4
    quote:Originally posted by MartinSullivan

Playmini have never liked selling direct to the public, hence their website having no prices, they would rather sell through a distributer network - such as Simon at essential.
    So why don't they state this on their web site? "To purchase any of our items please contact any one of our dealers shown below" sorta thing.

R60 Light White / Red Countryman All 4 John Cooper Works Auto
    R57 Chili Red Convertible John Cooper Works Auto

Car
    I know they are supposed to be reliable parts but Play Mini's pre-sales experience doesn't fill me with confidence about their after sales service if something did go wrong.

Does anyone know of any other after market exhaust which creates the same deep throaty rumble and roar as the playmini?

Car
    Full on JCW!! :)
    Wow.

I'm shocked at this. That sounds like a pretty unpleasant experience!
    If I'd been in the market for similar items, I certainly would not be going there now! :(:blackeye:

Pantomime Villain & Car Plan Ambassador Crombers's Avatar
    Car
    R50 Cooper & F55 SD
    quote:Originally posted by AndyP & Lenore

Playmini have never liked selling direct to the public, hence their website having no prices, they would rather sell through a distributer network - such as Simon at essential.
    So why don't they state this on their web site? "To purchase any of our items please contact any one of our dealers shown below" sorta thing.
    I also thought that you could go visit play mini & they had facilities to fit products on site. Sure I read this in GoMini

R50 Cooper ..... Mini Plant Oxford

19 years of MINIfascination

Car
    quote:Originally posted by crombers

quote:Originally posted by AndyP & Lenore

I also thought that you could go visit play mini & they had facilities to fit products on site. Sure I read this in GoMini
    Allan, even if that was in Go Mini, I wouldn't go near the place now.

Still looking at the Play Mini exhaust from another source though, 'cos it is at the end of the day a cracking peice of kit. But I care not for the company and their staff.

Mr Nice :-) & Sponsor
    Personally I don't care if the Playmini makes MINIs sound like an Aston Martin Vanquish, I'd never buy one after hearing that.

The Dogfather
    What a bunch of a-holes...... Not sure what a playmini sounds like but I had my S exhaust modified to remove one of the back boxes. Sounds the same as a standard S only louder with more burble. Only cost £60!

Banned
    Car
    GP 0878
    I have always liked PlayMini and still do,and I am not put off by what I've read.

We have ALL heard of bad service at some time or another from MINI but we still have them.

There is always two sides to a story and its a shame if anyone has a bad experience.

AndyP & Lenore,I could talk to them for you direct if you want it sounds like you caught Andy on a bad day (and we all have then from time to time)

Also you could fit the playmini exhaust without fitting the manifold,Nenah had this and it was fantastic.

Mr Nice :-) & Sponsor
    I know what you're saying about bad days John mate but I've never had one as bad as that when dealing with my customers. I've had them with colleagues and friends but never with my customers. Professionalism costs nothing. In my very humble opinion of course. :)

Mind you...after hearing about some of your grudges when I met you and Alan for lunch that time I'm more than happy to change my statement to agree with you if I'm in danger of having you holding one against me.

Banned
    Car
    GP 0878

Don't worry COL your safe

At least until I get back