Ahhhhh!!! Nice Mod By JC's Aberdeen

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    John Clarkes Aberdeen have just carried out a really nice subtle mod on my Cooper S. They have despoilered it in their car wash!!!! It only went in to have the power steering sorted out!!! Oh well, might have to see what I can get out of them for the inconvenience. Dunno when I am going to get it back now :(

Resident old yin.
    They use a carwash, cheeky beggars. Those things put swirl marks in the paint, they should not be doing that on other people's cars.

I'd definitely ask for some compensation and tell them to wash your car by hand in the future.

NO WAY!!!! John Clarks..... (enough said):evil:

sorry to hear that Martin. Hope you get some suitable compensation...

minidriver#1
    i got my car back from JC's after the bump and got the roof back with swirl marks on it. grrrr. Sorry to hear that, shouldnt be too big a problem to fix though :) ask for the S spoiler. lol

Wul
    Martin - that is crap! Most dealers use a jetwash bay to clean the cars - they must have a good insurer that lets them use an automatic car wash - they've obviously never looked closely at the damage those things do - especially to black cars or when the kids have tied washers and nuts to the bristles!

Don't be too soft with them - as a minimum you should be getting a new spoiler fitted and the entire bodywork checked and professionally polished to remove all traces of brush swirls - and then we get onto the incovenience and depreciation factor.

Julz
    Ah well, my car went in to get the cooling fans sorted yesterday, so I asked if I could get an oil service, but they didn't even change the filter and got charged £80 for it, what's worse is that I checked the oil tonight, and it still looks minging!!! I think they were spending too much time thrashing my car about, as a few rattles and a misaligned window were meant to get fixed too, but instead I get the car back with a few bars less fuel:mad::mad:

duncan
    Funny you should mention that Julz.
    My One was in for the Intermediate 1 service, and the Air Filter wasnt changed, and the microfilter, if thats the small foam type thing beside the windscreen, wansnt changed either, even though the service book was ticked as done.
    The Brake Fluid change indicator is now at 5, so presuambly not done either.
    NOT IMPRESSED

Wul
    MINI service is the living incarnation of groundhog day - just when you think they are getting better - wham! your back to where you started again!

<sigh!....goes of to contemplete which dealer to let service his car this time!>

sh@z
    quote:Originally posted by Julz

Ah well, my car went in to get the cooling fans sorted yesterday, so I asked if I could get an oil service, but they didn't even change the filter and got charged £80 for it, what's worse is that I checked the oil tonight, and it still looks minging!!! I think they were spending too much time thrashing my car about, as a few rattles and a misaligned window were meant to get fixed too, but instead I get the car back with a few bars less fuel:mad::mad:
    Hope this is gonne be taken further cos thats utter BS :/... they shouldnt be doing that to customers cars.. professionalism eh

Well got my car back yesterday - and so far (everything crossed) no complaints. It certainly feels a lot better when driving and there are no new bumps or rattles. They have also done a good job of replacing the spoiler. Was a bit annoyed to see a new sign in the car saying that as part of their complimentary service they had washed the car - thats what took the spoiler off the first time , thought they would have learnt. Will request they dont do it in future.