I'm Back!

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Mini Me
    quote:Originally posted by Wul

I thought the wording of the warranty and tlc basically meant that the modifiactions had to have a direct affect on the part/s being repaired/serviced - surely your tlc oil and brake fluid changes are still valid!?
    Sorry buff boy any mod to the engine(linked to the fuel) invalidates it :blackeye::blackeye::blackeye::( I did ask......

The Dogfather
    So how much are you gonna charge for an oil service?

Mini Me
    am , no cavin, there must be a way round this [v][v]

Mr Nice :-) & Sponsor
    quote:Originally posted by minime

am , no cavin, there must be a way round this [v][v]
    Translation : The service department said "Of course we can still do a TLC on it Iain ya spanner! The wording of the warranty and tlc basically mean that the modifications have to have a direct affect on the part/s being repaired/serviced so obviously the tlc oil and brake fluid changes are still valid!!!" and Iain just said that they couldn't to make himself look good when he "convinces" the service dept to do it.

I'm wise to you sales monkey!

Im pretty sure technically TLC is voided by any mod - where as warrenty is only affected on parts that have been replaced or as a direct result of a replacement/modified part. However lots of us have retained their tlc after carrying out extensive mods to the car.

Wul
    quote:Originally posted by MartinSullivan

Im pretty sure technically TLC is voided by any mod - where as warrenty is only affected on parts that have been replaced or as a direct result of a replacement/modified part. However lots of us have retained their tlc after carrying out extensive mods to the car.
    How does that figure when you have to pay £100 for it(TLC) - you have paid for the service so you're entitled to it!

Yeah but you pay £100 to get the service done on a standard car. If you choose to change it from standard then you're no longer asking them to service what you agreed to pay for. If you buy a ticket to fly on the monday you can't expect to fly on the tuesday. Just playing devil's advocate of course. :)

The Dogfather
    The service will still be a standard service, no special parts will be used. In fact it might actually be cheaper for BMW to service my car as it won't ever need an air filter.

Wul
    quote:Originally posted by Big Col
    Yeah but you pay £100 to get the service done on a standard car. If you choose to change it from standard then you're no longer asking them to service what you agreed to pay for. If you buy a ticket to fly on the monday you can't expect to fly on the tuesday. Just playing devil's advocate of course. :)
    So define a "standard car" then col - if that was the case then does putting shell optimax or BP ultimate in the tank constitute a modification compared to normal unleaded? With a range of options as long as your arm the definition of standard would be a beezer!!

And with regards to your comparison - you book your services at pre-defined mileages - the process carried out to the car is the same - the service has been paid for - it has nothing to do with changing the parameters of the service provided as you've implied above. So if they refuse to carry out a service which has been paid for they should at least refund the £100!

Don't you just love a good contractual debate!! lol! :)

It's a standard list of pre defined BMW options mate. The options list itself defines what they consider to be acceptable standard options. They also define what fuel you can use in the manual don't they and the higher RON petrol is mentioned?

The parameters of the service also has changed since BMW make it clear that you're paying £100 for the work to be carried out on a standard car. Regardless of whether the work is the same you've broken the agreement by modding it.

They'd have to be complete w@nkers to use that argument though as I agree with you, they're using the same parts and carring out the same work (assuming the LPG mod doesn't change anything within the engine compartment of the MINI, which I doubt it does) So whilst I don't think they're obliged to pay anything back they should carry out the service or henceforth be known as A1 jobbies!

Rather oddly I hate contractual debates in work as they're so tedious but it's more fun on here. :)