Air Filter at Service time

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    duncan
    Should I remove the K&N Panel filter from the car when its due its service?

GAJ
    I would. Just to be on the safe side.

seany
    my mini is going for a service on monday, with the k&a filter still in the car, and the garage not bothed about it.

knaone
    the chances are nothing will happen, the mechanics couldnt give a damn to be honest... the problem is if there is someone in who is a right pain and picks at everything :(... chances are that person will void your warrenty... if its easy to take it off take it off... you can always put it back and atleast you wont have to worry :)

Banned
    Car
    R56 FJCW
    One thing to bear in mind about replacing the air filter, the engine management system alters to your driving style and that of the engines ability to filter the air fuel mixture, although there may not be any noticeable difference, the computer will take a few days to alter.
    On another note, who is your dealer, i'm thinking its JC in dundee, if i'm covered with my minimal mods i'm sure you will be.

Also, what service is it, is the filter due to be replaced anyway??

Bonnie Scotland

duncan
    Well, thanks for the feedback.

Yeah, my dealer is JC's Dundee, and with all the Mods that BS and Julz have had, I didn't really have too much worries on the warranty front.
    I was more concerned about either the filter being replaced in error, or what effect it would have on the engine, chopping and changing filters.

Its Due the 2nd service, at 19,000 miles - the first service was at 6400 - so I would imagine that the filter would be changed at this one, or am I wrong?
    Its also due the brake fluid change.

I'll change it, as I’m not really going to be driving it much until next weekend, and at least I’ll get a nice new air filter!

GAJ
    I was thinking purely about dealers opinions of any mods. I know Dunedin dont like anything to be done - even if you've got a note from your mum!

Resident old yin.
    quote:Originally posted by satelite

Its Due the 2nd service, at 19,000 miles - the first service was at 6400 - so I would imagine that the filter would be changed at this one, or am I wrong?
    First service at 6400 and second at 19000? Is it possible the air filter is reducing the service intervals?

Wul
    Ken - i reckon it's the driving style not the filter that's reducing the service intervals....if you know what i mean

Also - as GAJ mentioned some dealers are particularly picky - and also read these forums so it may be too late already!!

duncan
    Ahh, the first service was at 6400 as thats when i bought the car.
    Point noted with reference to dealers!