Go Karts Or Similar

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Tony
    I dont want to put a dampner on any of your Kart-Start experiences, but..........
    .......Please..AVOID KART-START LIKE THE PLAGUE.

I used to work for them. The karts are really not the best, and the staff that they employ are invariably not karting enthuisiasts but local neds hell-bent on taking all of the fun out of the experience. They dont know the rules, they dont want to know the rules. They see their moment of power and stamp on anybody deemed to be getting anything like rowdy. A £30.00 karting experience can become VERY expensive per metre travlled if you are hauled off after the 1st or 2nd lap. And Ive seen it happen time and time again. Its not only me who thinks it, as when the Oil companies around here are organising corporate days out now, they would rather travel all the way to knockhill to use their out door track, and where racing has not been lost in the bid to take money off of the client for an ultimately tame and boring driving experience.

SORRY.......just my 2c worth, but I think its valid. There is a track, out to the west of Glasgow, which is very good. I forget its name, but its a fair size, and the karts are quick. There is a long curved straight allowing a good 6-7 seconds of foot to the floor stuff. The track at Knockhill is wicked (especially in the wet - ive got the trophies to prove it) :)

Ill be up for some karting fun, dpending apon where and when it is. All i ask is that you cross off Kart-Start Kirkcaldy and Dyce from your list, as its really not worth the money, when there are SO MANY better venues out there.

Banned
    Car
    R56 FJCW
    Thanks for all the comments and venues, i'm away at the moment and will sort something out when i get home sometime next week.
    Keep on posting though as i have not done any karting in the last 5 years or so.

I will post up a list of peeps indicating they want to participate

Bonnie Scotland

Julz
    Apparently for a central location, the best karting venue would be Haddington?? But errol is the biz, just wrap up warm!!:clown:

broken_brian
    try scotkart. They have a place in cambuslang and clydebank they are both very good tracks but the one in cambuslang has a FLYOVER made out of shiney slippy wood. Which means u can go very fast off the flyover sideways

Mini Martyn
    Hey guys, youll never guess, but Ill be up for this one too.

Their is a couple of places in Glasgow:

http://www.scotkart.co.uk/

BOB
    Can I Come Karting!!????

Banned
    Car
    R56 FJCW
    quote:Originally posted by BOB

Can I Come Karting!!????
    Of course, i'm gonna sort out the list soon, see what places need what amount of people etc.
    I'm gonna aim for early Feb 2004

Bonnie Scotland

Car
    Mini Cooper hatchback with Cooper S front grill, JCW badges, Chilly Pack, Red with Black roof.
    Me and the Mrs (she does exist honest) are up for this one, if location is within say... Scotland...
    R2-D2 Mini Cooper Clubman. Also has SPORTS button that says SPORT when you push it. Vroooooom!

malross
    I'd be up for some of this too. :) Was going to try out Scotkart earlier this year, but the fates conspired against it. If there's any choice in the matter, though, I'd prefer an outdoor track. They're SO much more fun. :)

Mal.

seany
    quote:Originally posted by malross

I'd be up for some of this too. :) Was going to try out Scotkart earlier this year, but the fates conspired against it. If there's any choice in the matter, though, I'd prefer an outdoor track. They're SO much more fun. :)

Mal.
    welcome to NMS, what do you drive?