Cooper Remap

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Adam MCS
    I've got a mate with a mini cooper, was just wandering what sort of maps are available for it? What sort of power gains can you expect and what price?

Cheers

Sponsor
    quote:Originally posted by Adam MCS

I've got a mate with a mini cooper, was just wandering what sort of maps are available for it? What sort of power gains can you expect and what price?

Cheers
    MTH remap is what I have.

think its about £210 now but NMS members get a special price.

As for power gains, I haven't tested mine. It certainly feels more nimble but the biggest noticable change is the power through the gears. A cooper will leave an S lagging on the country roads when its standard, but with MTH, the S doesnt have a chance! The gear change is much more smooth! My map is being upgraded next week so i'll be able to tell you more then.

Resident old yin.
    quote:Originally posted by sleepyrascal

A cooper will leave an S lagging on the country roads when its standard, but with MTH, the S doesnt have a chance!
    You are having a laugh, right?

Cooper_si
    he is definitly not kidding

Pantomime Villain & Car Plan Ambassador Crombers's Avatar
    Car
    R50 Cooper & F55 SD
    quote:Originally posted by KenL

A cooper will leave an S lagging on the country roads when its standard, but with MTH, the S doesnt have a chance!

It has been mentioned before

Seem to remember one of last years runs where a modified (pulley & exhaust) 'S' could not match a standard Cooper on the twisties :approve:

BonnieScotland , John , anybody wish to comment :question: as to why this phenomenon seems to be

R50 Cooper ..... Mini Plant Oxford

19 years of MINIfascination

quote:Originally posted by crombers

It has been mentioned before

Seem to remember one of last years runs where a modified (pulley & exhaust) 'S' could not match a standard Cooper on the twisties :approve:

BonnieScotland , John , anybody wish to comment :question: as to why this phenomenon seems to be
    well I think it is all down to the driver. Me in my JCW S could never keep up with say John in a bog standard cooper.
    I just don't have the confidence to go round corners at a great speed.

That is what I think it is down to anyway.:)
    Cooper Coupe...

Adam MCS
    Well I've had them both, I have to say the handling on a cooper is sharper, but I never expected it to beat an S on a country road - I just thought the pure power of the S would give it the advantage. You learn somethin new every day!!

Sponsor

Eh... No!! The S is a great car for going fast on a motorway, but the cooper is far better in the twisty stuff. Well, in my opinion! You don't need a supercharger to go fast on country roads.

I'm more than willing to prove it

T6 KFR
    Me too.

Lets have cooper drivers Vs Cooper S....saying that this seems to be getting somewhere that may be a bit too dangerous:)

Car
    Full on JCW!! :)
    quote:Originally posted by T6 KFR

Me too.

Lets have cooper drivers Vs Cooper S....saying that this seems to be getting somewhere that may be a bit too dangerous:)
    Unless of course, everyone interested goes to a Hot Hatch meeting at Knockhill or somewhere...