BMW MINI Cooper S Open

Monsta Mo Mini
    BMW MINI Cooper S Open

hese are the very first images yet of the Cooper S-variant of the MINI Open, completely free of disguise and in showroom guise, due to make its debut at the Geneva Motor Show in March next year.

The car is to rival the likes of the more potent variants of the Volkswagen Beetle Cabrio. Like its less powerful brothers, the Open will feature an electrically operated canvas top with a heated rear window made of glass and a bottom-hinged tailgate, as it was on the original Mini. The glass window will keep the cabin warmer and quieter at the same time. Front-end and taillights, however, will be unchanged.

The MINI Open range will start with an entry-level edition 1.6-litre One with 100 HP, followed by the 1.6-litre Cooper with 115 HP, presumably the biggest seller. The range will be topped by the 160-HP Cooper S pictured here, though an even more potent Cooper Works edition might follow later. Prices are not fixed yet, but we expect a £2,000 premium over the metal-roofed MINI.

Banned
    Car
    R56 FJCW
    I can sense mod #8 coming on, now wheres that welding torch and goggles :)

Bonnie Scotland

Julz
    Mmmm, might join you on that one Alan, now, where's the tin opener??

You were only supposed to blow the bl**dy doors off!!! :)

It's certainly got Sioban's (Mrs weefossy) approval, so i better start saving!!
    Has anyone seen any pictures with the hood up?

Mr Nice :-) & Sponsor
    Are you sure that's the official one MMM? I've seen 2 MINI's this year that were soft tops but they were privatly done soft tops (I know 'cos I asked one of the guys at the petrol station. "HAW! Where's yur roof pal?")

If it is the official one it looks cracking in almost every way but I HATE the way they've stowed the roof! The privatly done roof was bogging when down as well. I hoped the official model would be a lot sleeker than that. I also hope the rear side windows and the bar drop as they obviously didn't in the private one either and it just looked daft with the driver and passenger windows down and these two wee bits of window sticking up in the back. (Obviously I never told the guy this so if he's reading this...sorry mate. Looked good in every other way.)

broken_brian
    They could have at least washed it b4 taking the pic

seany
    don't like it