Hi There

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Just found the forum after seeing a lot of your cars at the Golden Wheels Show in Aberdeen a few weeks ago. Just been mooching through the forums and definitely impressed so far. Think I will hang around here for a while if thats ok????

I have been into "Old School" minis for years but "sold out" last year and bought my Cooper S - really glad I did!

I drive a 2002 Cooper S in Electric Blue, Chilli Pack, Half Leather, Sat Nav - all pretty standard stuff (at the moment ). Reading what some of you guys have done has wetted my appetite for some mods.

I always wave or flash lights at minis - new and old and up here in Aberdeen you get a pretty good response.

Thanks for setting up the site and making it so friendly - gives me something to do when I am bored at work now !!!!!! :)

Monsta Mo Mini
    Wave bye bye to ever doing any work again if some of the 'cases' in here are anything to go by.
    Welcome to the club and hope to see you at one of our events soon.

There are a couple of places available on the Skye run if you're interested.

Sorry Monsta - dont think I will be able to make the Skye Run :-(
    The S is booked into JC's for them to try and clear the power steering problems that have been getting worse over the past few weeks.

Will definitely be coming to one of your events once its sorted though - then save up for some mods!!!!!!

Julz
    Yee-ha, another modder!! That's what I like to see! Welcome to NMS, and the land that work forgot!!:clown:

Dont think I will be going quite as "extreme" as you Julz (on the modding front , NOT the not working front). Saw your car at Golden Wheels and was well impressed but the high number of speed bumps up here in Aberdeen (and back home in Manc for that matter) would probably put me off!!!! :-( On the power front I have no worries, apart from speaking to JC's up here to see if they will still cover me on warranty! Will probably mention it after they sort the power steering out!

U impressed with your BBR mod? Been reading all the mags and it seems to be the one to go for!

Julz
    quote:Originally posted by MartinSullivan
    U impressed with your BBR mod? Been reading all the mags and it seems to be the one to go for!
    Very impressed with it! However, I had some cylinder head/warranty problems which soaked up my finances which would have allowed me to go for the 240bhp conversion, which is the one that I would recommend to anyone!!

quote:Originally posted by Julz

Very impressed with it! However, I had some cylinder head/warranty problems which soaked up my finances which would have allowed me to go for the 240bhp conversion, which is the one that I would recommend to anyone!!
    240Bhp would do me a treat!!!
    Are your dealer honouring your warrenty Julz? I believe stuff like that is down to the discretion of the dealer - not sure how John Clarke in Aberdeen will take it yet - but you dont get if you dont ask - tee hee!!!

quote:Originally posted by Julz

PS what level of tints have you got Julz - been trying to decide whether to do it or not - but when i got the pics back of your car it made the decision for me - it looks spot on!

seany
    hi and welcome to the site, i drive a cooper. hope to see you on one of the mini run

Julz
    PS what level of tints have you got Julz - been trying to decide whether to do it or not - but when i got the pics back of your car it made the decision for me - it looks spot on!
    The tints are on the legal limit (hopefully, and not including the tint already on the glass), they're 35%!!