Bare with me ;) BMW M3 CSL

minidriver#1
    saw this reviewed in last months Car mag and thought it looked stunning. But anyway, i went into JC's in dundee today for them to give me a quote on scratch damage repair, and as i was waiting i noticed a strange looking m3 with a carbon fibre front lip, upon further examination i noticed it was indeed the M3 CSL that was in Car Mag. The roof is absolutely spectacular. Its pure carbon fibre, the underside is plasic and the trim is stunning. 0-60 in 4.5 secs i think it was. £58,000 too.

Then it got me thinking, since you want to lower the center of gravity on a car to increase handling, how cool would it be to have a carbon fibre roof fitted to a mini to reduce the wieght disadvantage up top. Plus it'll look good since some minis come with black roofs. I reccon it would look good on all mini colours.

Does anyone else agree? i'd love to see the aero kit moddified to include CF lips and tail. It'd look amazing.

Mr Nice :-) & Sponsor
    I totally agree KJ. I'd love to get a Carbon Fibre roof for my wee coop since it has a black roof at the mo anyway. Hell I'd be quite chuffed if I could get the mirrors done!

Car
    Full on JCW!! :)
    Have they wiped off my drool marks from Friday yet??

For some reason I just got a blank smile when I asked if I could have that as my courtesy car.... hmmmmmmmmm....

Julz
    quote:Originally posted by Big Col
    Hell I'd be quite chuffed if I could get the mirrors done!
    I quite like the carbon fibre mirrors too, but I'm getting an alternative mod done to my mirrors, so that solved that problem, I quite like the carbon dash bitties you get too!!! Mmmmm, I like carbon fibre!!:I

minidriver#1
    Fibre is good for you :)

Julz
    lol

Car
    Full on JCW!! :)
    quote:Originally posted by low_n_loud1
    Have they wiped off my drool marks from Friday yet??

For some reason I just got a blank smile when I asked if I could have that as my courtesy car.... hmmmmmmmmm....
    strangely enough... I got the same 'reply' when I asked if I could have the Z4 3.0 or the X5 4.6IS that were beside it too.... hmmm...:disapprove::clown:

duncan
    The problem with Carbon Fibre is that it looks stunning, as i'm sure the roof of the BMW does.
    Where it all goes wrong is the Ned-mobiles covered in carbon effect film.

minidriver#1
    true, but what better way to seperate yourselve from that stereotype by getting the real thing, in a sensible and performance advancing way? i hate the look of that cheesy carbon fibre lookalike plastic crap. You can tell the real deal immediately.