Colour Coding

Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 678
    Mini Me
    it can depend on the job, some bodyshops blend into the bodywork....i have seen this[v][v]

sh@z
    quote:Originally posted by Lynsey

The random garage was a general comment, as in if i'd gone to any bodyshop other than one approved by bmw i would lose my paint warranty
    Right, how in gods name would getting your arches painted (which arent painted) void your paint warranty? No painted parts of the car are being repainted or (if arches taken off car) touched by any wet paint.

I know the method Menzies use is they respray the WHOLE frot bumper and rear, and not just the plastic trim which IMO is unecessary and drives the cost up due to lots more paint being needed and lots more time, but thats just my personal view, but if you just got your arches done by a 3rd party bodyshop it should not have any impact on your paint warranty whatsoever.

sh@z
    Ah just read minime reply, those bodyshop people need to be slapped then! lol

Mini Me
    quote:Originally posted by sh@z

Ah just read minime reply, those bodyshop people need to be slapped then! lol
    its shocking my friend :blackeye::blackeye:
    we have had to fix some very dodgy paint jobs(no scare tacktics,honest):(

sh@z
    Yeah, no doubt... many cowboys around, reason i got mine done from who i did was i know their work is top notch, know the guy that owns the company, and explained exactly how i wanted them to do it... and they did a very good job :)