The Irish Job Feb 2006

nylo
    Hey guys, was browsing round mini2 (as I am wont to do of an evening!) and saw a link to newminiscotland, and here I am :)

Just wanted to let you guys know of a weekend of runs (two- one on the Sat and one on the Sunday) a couple of us areorganising for the middle of February here in N. Ireland. There are at least four MINIs hopefully coming over from England to join us, and I thought maybe some of you guys might fancy popping on the HSS and joining us too...

The English guys are coming over on Fri 17th Feb, and heading home on Mon 20th. Three nights accommodation in the Radisson SAS in Belfast is working out at about 111 quid, which is pretty good . Car parking on site (naturally!), and it's central to the action

It would be great if some of the Scottish guys could make it- there don't seem to be *that* many of you round mini2!

Here's a link to the thread on mini2:
    http://www.mini2.com/forum/showthread.php?t=103848

and there's also a banter thread:
    http://www.mini2.com/forum/showthread.php?t=103856

If you're not registered on mini2, feel free to add your interest here, and I'll do my best to make sure things stay updated!

Thanks guys :)

This sounds good, but I am a bit tight on dates. I have a roadshow on the 16th and on the 20th, both down south. "Sods law", but the Belfast roadshow is the following Monday on the 27th.

nylo
    Whereabouts down south? Any chance you could meet up with the guys who are coming over from England? (Think they are sailing from Birkenhead if that would be any good to you) and I'm sure they'd only be too happy to add one more...

What's the Belfast Roadshow just out of interest? Don't think I've heard of that one... If you can't make the Irish Job, if you're bringing a MINI to this roadshow, I might have to come and say hello

Nylo, it's all a bit boring and to do with work....life insurance.... say no more. It will be flights and hired cars, so I won't have the mini with me, but I would have made the effort had the Belfast dates tied in. Hopefully some of the other guys from NMS might make it. I know how hospitable you all will be!

nylo
    Aw that's a shame! For some reason, I had it in my head it would be something exciting to do with MINIs- do not ask me why, what a random thought!

I think it should be a great weekend, and if all goes well, we might look to making it an annual thing:)

It would be totally brilliant if some of the NMS guys could make it, as I said, there don't seem to be many lurking round m2, and Scotland and NI are pretty handy, so it seems a shame not to do a bit of bonding over the Irish Sea. I'll certainly be keeping an eye out for runs over with you that I can make it over to

Car
    Full on JCW!! :)
    quote:
    t would be great if some of the Scottish guys could make it- there don't seem to be *that* many of you round mini2!
    That's cos we're all here!! :clown::clown:
    Seriously tho, I'm hoping to get across your way sometime this year to visit me friends - cash dependant! hopefully round about the time of the Morelli Ice cream run (The Causeway coast club run thingy.. ) and make a wee holiday of it... but like I said... cash dependant!

nylo
    Sure as long as there's a wee bit of warning, and it doesn't clash with something else, it shouldn't be too hard to round up a few of the hallions over this way

Just for information, something I found out recently- you can redeem tesco clubcard vouchers against ferries- each pound in clubcard vouchers is worth quadruple that when you're using them for ferries- which makes it potentially extremely cheap to travel backwards and forwards:)

nylo
    Hey guys. Just a quick line to say that The Irish Job is now definitely going ahead, with a complete update in the first post of the link in my first post above :)