Assistance Required...

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Car
    Mini Cooper
    My Rio is fitted with halogen conversion headlamps (but not a leveling motor). First set I fitted were a flat fronted type from "Autopal" but one broke last year so I bought a new pair of more curved front "Wipac" headlights. I've kept the one "Autopal" lamp and I'm happy to bring it next weekend for you to have a look at - you can have it if you want it.
    The wipac quadoptic were the standard fitment on twin point Minis so it is the correct one.

calumlorimer
    Stainless lcb's are notorious for cracking and not worth the extra money anyway. Get the cat if your worried about mot's (they are expensive though), it makes very little performance difference whether you have it or not. Having extra joins shouldnt cause hassle unless it's badly mounted.

Maniflow exhausts are great quality but anything stainless should last well enough. I would steer clear of minisport stuff personally, their more expensive and the stuff isn't any better for it.

S7JGW
    I had a RC40 from the cat back on my MPI classic, great noise and lasted all the time sice i put it on. Think its after J or K reg that dont need cats. I got mine from mini speed.
    Jim

If your Stuck I have a Number of Standard Sports pack Exhausts in my garage.

No Cat converters though.. But You have my Number if your Interested..

Car
    2007 R52 S "Sh**ey White" & 2016 Skoda Yeti "Daily"
    Brian,

thanks for the offer mate - much appreciated.

I would take it, but I do really like the sound of the larger bore exhaust. after 500 miles with it, I just couldn't go to anything quieter.

well............the saga of the exhaust continues..:disapprove: I have found out that the car will DEFINATELY need a Cat to pass it's MOT which means all of the previous MOT's were not carried out properly (now I am worried about the service history...:disapprove:). So I have had to order a Cat for the car (prices ranged from £220 to £80, which is what I went for in the end).

I am going to get a LCB Manifold (mild steel for inj cars with cat) with a cat link pipe (large bore) and a stainless steel large bore rc40 back box.:approve:

if anyone knows if this will not all fit together, please let me know before I order it tommorrow.

Cheers

Craig

Car
    Full on JCW!! :)
    quote:Originally posted by broken_brian

go for a stainless lcb manifold (pt no C-AEG369S) then depending on wheather you want to chance yer luck at mot time you could go for the rc40 link pipe and single large bore side or centre exit silencer, or you could get the cat link pipe a cat bypass pipe then the back box of your choice.
    I would go for the first option as it means that you only have 2 joins in the system as opposed to there being lots in the cat based system.
    Yup.. I mostly agree with this... except instead of the RC40, if you want the looks, get the playmini!!! :evil: They do them side and centre exit, mine was on the car or 5 years, and still shiny when I washed it properly!

The stainless RC40 is still quality kit tho, so it depends what you prefer yourself...
    As for the Cat.. you could also have tried MiniMart over in Gateside in Fife. He sometimes has second hand ones lying around - I got one for £30 off him when mine needed one for an MOT..

Seriously, what I said before about the Engine Steady Mounts, this would be the perfect chance to change them for nice Poly ones You'll need to dismantle at least one end of it so you can move the Engine about to get the manifold off... THe difference in the feel of the car is amazing when it's done. If you want to see if it's needed, have the car stopped, pop the bonnet, and lean into the car and move the steering wheel about, whilst watching the top of the engine.. if it moves any more han about 5mm, replace those bushes!!

...and while you're under the car sorting the exhaust, grease the handbrake cable at the swivels too

Hmmmm you can also buy new lights which have the 'Halo' effect like a BMW 3 /5 series.... Not sure about the self levelling part tho

OK... I'll stop now.... for a bit

Edited cos I cannae spell today... Hmph

Sponsor
    We got angel eye lights for Orville!

However, the poor wee bu&&er needs more serious work doing to pass an MOT before they get fitted. :(

A list as long as my arm (most of which is suspension bits / radius arms etc), and sills, and a couple of other bits of welding.

Know what you mean about the MOT, Craig, Orville now apparently needs a passenger door handle to pass, and it hasn't had one for about 4 or 5 years...... Previous MOT's must have been done somewhere "friendly"...... :disapprove:

broken_brian
    You can get the cat converter here www.sapmotorparts.com for £90 inc vat and delivery, just pick the one for 1.3 1990> as the ones for the inj minis are more expensive but are the same part no:question:

Car
    quote:Originally posted by broken_brian

You can get the cat converter here www.sapmotorparts.com for £90 inc vat and delivery, just pick the one for 1.3 1990> as the ones for the inj minis are more expensive but are the same part no:question:
    thanks brian, got mine from www.cats4less.co.uk for £80 inc vat and delivery. The new exhaust hopefully gets fitted on tues next week (as long as the manifold comes off back order in time :disapprove:). It's getting done in longcroft, so you will probably pass wee dougal while he's in surgery..

Also spoke to a guy today about paintwork and worked out a very agreeable price for the wee bits that need doing. I just have to remember that it's a mini and it will rust soon enough again

Car
    quote:Originally posted by Smurf

We got angel eye lights for Orville!

However, the poor wee bu&&er needs more serious work doing to pass an MOT before they get fitted. :(

A list as long as my arm (most of which is suspension bits / radius arms etc), and sills, and a couple of other bits of welding.

Know what you mean about the MOT, Craig, Orville now apparently needs a passenger door handle to pass, and it hasn't had one for about 4 or 5 years...... Previous MOT's must have been done somewhere "friendly"...... :disapprove:
    sorry to hear about your problems Vaila, as I said to myself when I bought Dougal, I am going to have spend money on him, but not to get pi$$ed off when it happens, just live with it...

hope he's back on the road soon... The thistle run wouldn't be the same without him!