Mini Clan's 4th Annual Thistle Run

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Banned
    Car
    GP 0878
    I am coming down on the friday evening and camping friday and saturday at Witches Craig Caravan Park ( 01786 474947)

If anyone fancies joining us.

So far there is

Me/Susan (TBA)
    Ian/Muriel (yellow mini van)
    John/Lynne (pepper white cooper)

lightbody
    Hi,

Thistle run all organised now and looking to be a great day! Run is over-subscribed and has been fully booked for nearly a week now (around 130 cars, from 1960 to 2003) and from Ireland, England and wales - theres even a couple on their honeymoon!

There will be catering and full facilities at the start this year, so feel free to be early! Central FM has their roadshow at our start and will be doing a joint-broadcast with Oban FM and handing out freebies.

Menzies MINI of Stirling is helping to support the event and there will be a prize from them for best new MINI in addition to the prizes already supported by Clan Members Linda & Willie! Menzies also have some freebies and one of their cars on the run.

We have a pipe-band arranged for the finishing parade in Oban and entrants will also be lapping oban at least once on arrival at around 2pm.

The Stirling Observer has a story on us either today and/or next Friday.

Sponsor & Jakey
    Looking forward to Thistle Run tomorrow
    Hopefully catch up with lightbody and John along the way.
    Looking forward to seeing 130+ Minis snaking their way from Stirling to Oban :approve:
    Occasional MINI driver....... but mostly Uma Thurman ;0)

Banned
    Car
    GP 0878
    PHEW!!!!! I just got home 10:55 (Knackered)

Sponsor & Jakey
    Good to see you yesterday John and nice to see you made it safely home with your 'A-panel' still intact

Thistle Run was a great day out, thoroughly enjoyed it Big thanks to all the organisers and everyone involved. Certainly no mean feat shepherding 130+ Mini's from Stirling to Oban :)

Linda M
    FANTASTIC day out My favourite so far
    Only downside was that 'that' Stouffer thingy won best MINI and Daisy came SECOND, what a fix that was :evil: Never mind, Daisy's been kicking his lamps out all night in the garage :approve:

WFC
    quote:Only downside was that 'that' Stouffer thingy won best MINI and Daisy came SECOND, what a fix that was
    Yup and the "fix" has went to my MINI fund

Sponsor & Jakey
    AHEM <clears throat>
    Now now children, let's not bicker. The category was won by a truly class act

Oh and WFC, you should find a plain brown envelope behind the 2nd skip, at the back of Tesco, with your name on it

lightbody
    Charlie's happy with his trophy - although in a huff because I never even had a chance to give him a proper wash before the Run! I'm about to go out now and give him a wee bit of TLC.

Thanks to Menzies Mini for their support and to their enthusiastic Mini sales exec. James Hamilton for actually going on the run with us all in a rather nice red/black S.

lightbody
    Oh and apologies to Zooom/John for talking to someone else and thinking it was you! I'm still a bit confused. Be nice to me on the Perthshire Cruise! I had 130+ people to meet yesterday!!