Mini Clan's 4th Annual Thistle Run

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
    lightbody
    Having debuted in 2000 between Edinburgh and St.Andrews then Loch Lomond to Dunoon in 2001 and in 2002 with our Edinburgh (Dalkeith) to Eyemouth route, The Mini Clan are proud to present our fourth Thistle Run route - Stirling to Oban.

Starting in historic Stirling, the route will take you through some of the very best scenery Scotland has to offer with a variety of entertaining driving. The Run will finish in the very centre of beautiful Oban, by special arrangement with the town council. We will also be recreating our amazing Mini 'cavalcade' of last year through Oban town centre, before parking up and closing the day with a Show and Shine. Refreshments and facilities will be available along with the full range of services which Oban has to offer.

Show and Shine categories this year are:-
    Car of the Run, Best MINI, Loudest Exhaust, Best Car 59-69, Dodgiest MOT, Rustiest A Panel, Best Car 70-79, Tackiest Accessory, Wettest Carpet (if raining!), Best Car 80-89, Most Body Filler, Most original Paint Job, Best Car 90-00, Biggest Oil Leak, Sound Off

Entry closes May 1, 2003 but if your entry is received before the end of March, you save £2.50 on the normal entry fee of £12.50. You are only sure of a runpack if you return the entry fee and form before this date. In that case you will receive a full information pack and runcard by the second week of May. The Run will be limited to 130 Minis. You can enter the Run on the day, assuming we are not fully booked, but you will receive NO discount and NO Runpack (unless we have any spare packs).

We look forward to welcoming you on May 25th!

lightbody
    That was a copy of our run flier. Forms and more information and photos of previous events are available on the Mini Clan's website at http://www.miniclan.com This looks to be heavily over-subscribed, especially as we are featured in next months Mini Magazine, so if you're interested please book soon!

Sponsor & Jakey

Any other New Mini Scotland folks up for this one:question: Lightbody, Linda M and me'self will be there. Promises to be a great day out, up to 130 minis and MINIs rumbling out to Oban :)

quote:Show and Shine categories this year are:-
    Car of the Run, Best MINI, etc.
    Nice one There's some nice MINI's round about these parts, anyone up for it?
    Occasional MINI driver....... but mostly Uma Thurman ;0)

Banned
    Car
    R56 FJCW
    Sorry, i'll be in portugal, enjoying a relaxing week of golf in the sun

Bonnie Scotland

Linda M
    Daisy's quite excited about this event :)
    Willie you'd better get cleaning that Stouffer MINI as Daisy doesn't want to be embarrassed

Monsta Mo Mini
    I'll be in Italy sampling as much of the local produce as possible.

Sponsor & Jakey
    quote:Originally posted by Linda M

Willie you'd better get cleaning that Stouffer MINI as Daisy doesn't want to be embarrassed
    :I
    Stouffer's going into the dealers tomorrow, I'm sure they'll give him a wash for me
    :evil::evil:So.. Bonnie Scotland & Monsta will be away during Thistle Run... Hmmmm?? Only need to sabotage Daisy and Charlie2 and the best MINI prize will be mine... all mine.... BRU HA HA HA HA... :evil::evil:

lightbody
    I'm afraid there are at least 10 MINIs entered so far! And I'm estimating 30 or so...

Charlie2 will not stand a chance of winning anything unless I get his scratches fixed before then!

Sponsor & Jakey
    :evil:[takes note: 1 box of 200 rusty nails and a bottle of acid for those wearing runflats] :evil:

Poor Charlie2. Will his doppleganger 'Big Shirley' be making an appearance :question:

Banned
    Car
    R56 FJCW
    quote:Originally posted by lightbody

I'm afraid there are at least 10 MINIs entered so far! And I'm estimating 30 or so...

Charlie2 will not stand a chance of winning anything unless I get his scratches fixed before then!
    May i suggest a wire brush and dettol :evil:

Bonnie Scotland