Just saying hello!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Julz
    Now, I wasn't too keen on Quebec, but at least the police have some taste!

johnlewis99
    Im far from a expert on Canada...ive been there two times, Niagra Falls two years ago and Vancouver British Columbia this past week. They are more friendly around Niagra, and all the road signs are UK style, and the highways are "Queen's Highway" and a number, even the police uniforms are UK similar.In British Columbia the only thing UK like is some of the street names.What a sullen lot!My wife and I had all the Vancouver we could take in about 3 hrs.(we simply didnt have enough tattoos and facial piercings to fit in):)
    Now Quebec(the city) is just fine (if you speak French)according to my step son that went to colledge just across the border from there.
    If you dont speak French...you will get rude treatment from some of the locals.(just picture the french Guard in Monty Pyton's Holy Grail movie..."leave before I taunt'a you again")

Julz
    Niagra falls, the biggest let down of my life! It's not as big as you think boys! Toronto, my favourite city in the world! Quebec, unless you're willing to tip 2000000% and get moaned at if you don't, dinnae bother going!:I

minidriver#1
    the closest to Canada i been is Maine, and that was brilliant. Love to go to Canada though.

Linda M
    Vancover is just awesome :)

Linda M
    John, I was just wondering with you getting married in Scotland do you have any ties here ie, is your wife Scottish ? Or did you just decide to get married here ?

johnlewis99
    Hi LindaM!
    My great granfather was from Scotland,and I was fortunate to spend a good deal of time with him as a child. Also my wife's family came from the Mussleburgh area 4 gens ago. So we thought it would be a nice homage to our ancestors to be married in Scotland.

Linda M
    I understand now :)
    I'm American and was born in Maryland, Washington DC. My folks came back to Scotland when I was 5 but I've kept my citizenship as one day we would like to go back to live. We've done quite a bit of the States but never been to your area.