Mini Problems

Smitty
    Dont know the exact detials as got told them over the phone by mother but here we go:

When the ignition is turned on there is a beeping sound and two yellow lights come on, on the main speedo in the centre of the dash. The lights are inbetween (or above) the fuel and temp gauges.

One is something to do with the emissions, and can't remember excatly what the other one is. My mum looked up the handbook and it said it was safe to continue your journey at reduced speed but consult dealer soon.

Shes contacting the dealer 2mrw morning but just wondering if you Mini experts have any ideas??

Sorry for the sketchy description, pretty hard taking it all in on the phone from someone who dosent no that much about it in the first place!!

The Dogfather
    Sounds like the EML light and emmissions light. Difficult to say what's causing it could be anything from a missfire to ECU problems.

My emissions light came on Friday as the LPG was too cold going into the engine, this caused a misfire and the light to come on. Had the change over temperature turned up and it's sorted light went out on its own. Might just need a good run after the cold weather.

Car
    2007 R52 S "Sh**ey White" & 2016 Skoda Yeti "Daily"
    I've had this type of thing before (not on the MINI, but on a peugeot) and it was down to an ignition fault.

not being that tech minded, I liken it to the engine not remembering how much air to draw, petrol to use etc. Ie probably an ECU problem.

someone with more brains than me should be along soon....

It will be covered by your warranty, so I wouldn't worry too much about it, it's just the inconvenience..:(

If the car is in or around Aberdeen I can read the fault code and give you a diagnosis - but if the car is still under warrenty the dealer should have no problem sorting it out for you.

Julz
    quote:Originally posted by MartinSullivan

but if the car is still under warrenty the dealer should have no problem sorting it out for you.
    Or cost you over £2k to get the problem fixed as with what happened to me!!

I had this, both lights came on and the car packed up, it was faulty sensors but depending on what dealer you go to depends on whether it takes them 3 weeks and over £2k of your hard earned cash to fix it!! Not that I'm bitter or anything!!:clown:

Smitty
    cheers guys. i think the best idea is to put it to the dealer and let them deal with it since its still under warrenty. John Clarks of Dundee though.....and i didnt really approve of them when mum n dad bought the car (and also they fact they sold the mini that was meant to be for us...to sum1 else! bastards!) so could be a while in gettin it back!

Julz
    Yikes! I can only warn you, it was JC's in Dundee who fleeced me!:mad: I would advise going elsewhere to be on the safe side! There is a very nice dealer in Stirling if the car would make it, or Grassicks have also been very good!:) It's entirely your decision but going my my experience with the same symptoms.....:(

Smitty
    Mums phoned JC and shes going in with it 2mrw morning, but i can see them being absolute dicks about it! the dealership just dosent seem up to standards for a BMW/Mini set up.

Did say why dont you phone grassicks, but she prefered to take it to where we got it!

Hopefully there good to the mini, and get it back quickly....not holding out much hope......and i need it to drive aberdeen to glasgow and back on thursday nite!!

Julz
    Well, it took them three attempts and over 3 weeks to fix my car and I had to hire a car during this time as they wouldn't provide me with one! Make sure they contact you tomorrow to let you know what's going on, if it isn't fixed straight away!:sleepy:

Smitty
    All fixed....turns out there was nothing wrong!

The beeping sound was to indicate the temp is below 3degress and there may be black ice on the roads. As for the lights coming on, they stopped once it got taken to dundee.

Might seem a bit stupid, but my mum, dad and me didnt no about this beeping! and if your car starts beeping, for no aparent reason, your gona think theres something wrong!

Anyway, mini is all good but surely to god John Clark could have told us over the phone what the beeping was!! My mum even got insulted by a dealer, sayin that "thats the fourth WOMEN this week". Which is very rude i feel. Opinion.....JOHN CLARKS, DUNDEE.....rubbish! get it sorted!:dead:

We're off to perth for any future problems!