2 Questions

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Mr Nice :-) & Sponsor
    1)Does anyone elses car steam up on the inside constantly when it's left sitting? My car always steams up on the inside and no one else's car around me seems to do this.

2)Does anyone else with a heated from windscreen get a repeated electronic relay clicky noise coming from the glovebox when they have the front window heater on?

The Dogfather
    1. Yes, it was actually ice on the inside this morning (-3C overnight).

2. No as I don't have one :(

Wul
    Answers:

1) Col - check the heater settings - do you always have the A/C on? is it on re-circulate mode? if the answer to either is yes then this could be your problem - also if you always have your car heater quite warm then stop the car and it's cold outside then the temp diff will cause condensation.

2) Dunno - didn't have that option ticked! :clown:

Resident old yin.
    Steaming up like that is a sure sign of some water in the car that shouldn't be there.

As Wul suggests check you are not leaving the re-circulate button on.

Beyond that I would keep a look out for a leak somewhere. Many possible culprits on the MINI. Rear lights, all three of them and also the aerial.

Banned
    Car
    GP 0878
    Its sounds like a water leak to me:mad:

None of my mini's have had this problem

Not quite true all my calssic minis did this

The Dogfather
    Well, there's no leaks on my car, and yet it still steams up. Could be the wet dog that keeps jumping in the car when we've been to the beach though......... :(

1. Is it just the windscreen we are talking about or all windows. If it is all windows then you have a leak if it is just the front then it's the air con thingy.

2. Never noticed a clicky sound when the heated front window is on.
    Cooper Coupe...

It's all the windows that steam up but it's normally the windscreen. I can't remember it happening that much before my window was replaced but I got my car in January and it wasn't that cold since I got it. I've never noticed any leaks in the car but I'll have a hunt about. :(

As for the clicky sound it's doing my 'ed in!

GAJ
    I'm with Fee. My car has always done the same thing as yours in the winter. If it has been sitting for a wee while then the windows, the screen in particular, steam up as soon as the car starts up; 15 seconds of full power on the A/C clears it. It's due to moisture sitting in the A/C system getting blasted onto the cold glass when the blower re-starts and condensing.

Doubt you've got a leak, you'd have noticed and smelled the dampness if you had!

See that's the weird thing about it. It's not when I start it up or put the blower on, it's all steamed up before I even get in it after it's been sitting outside my work all day. It's not just a wee light mist it's heavy duty fogged up.