Run Flat Tyres

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Julz
    You should maybe also try 4newtyres.com, I think that's it anyway!!

Banned
    Car
    R56 FJCW
    quote:Originally posted by Julz

You should maybe also try 4newtyres.com, I think that's it anyway!!
    You must think i'm made of money They are only £40 more expensive Guess i'll have to get them there then

Bonnie Scotland

Car
    Mini Cooper
    Some info I found out which might help those of you running 16 inch run flats.
    I run factory 15" alloys mainly due to my high mileage and much higher cost of BMW recommended 16 & 17 tyres (tight git! :I). However I looked into after market 16" wheels and minispares recommends using 205/50 by 16" non runflat tyres which are half the cost and handle better (so they say). They can also supply the "get you home" puncture kit of pump, foam, etc if required.
    Hope this is useful.

Banned
    Car
    R56 FJCW
    quote:Originally posted by Duncan Stewart

Some info I found out which might help those of you running 16 inch run flats.
    I run factory 15" alloys mainly due to my high mileage and much higher cost of BMW recommended 16 & 17 tyres (tight git! :I). However I looked into after market 16" wheels and minispares recommends using 205/50 by 16" non runflat tyres which are half the cost and handle better (so they say). They can also supply the "get you home" puncture kit of pump, foam, etc if required.
    Hope this is useful.
    Duncan, i have non run flats and also have the minispares get you home kit.
    Reading on MINI2 you defo get better handling with non runflats, so cheaper tyres would be the way to go.

Bonnie Scotland

Resident old yin.
    Also to anyone ordering a ONE or Cooper (not S) if you are getting wheels (16 & 17") that come with runflats you can still order the spare tyre. That way if you want to replace your tyres with non-runflats you're already set up to do it.

Wul
    I got 2 new goodyear nct runflats fitted last week - organised it direct with kwik-fit mobile who dunedin use - £73+VAT per tyre - the guy made a great job and was done in 25mins - hardly any marks on the rims too. my wheels are 16" 5 stars.

macblob
    That means Dunedin mark up by another £11 a tyre before vat as they charged me 84 plus vat for the same tyres wul

Car
    "Tweaked" Mini ONE
    Hey KenL that's what I did I think the space saver cost me £30 when I ordered it with the car Anybody know what pressure the space savers meant to be at :question: I'm sure when I checked it was at something crazy like 90 psi
    "I have not failed. I've just found 10,000 ways that won't work." - Thomas Edison

Mutley - May 2003 Chili Red 'One'

Resident old yin.
    Hey Big G.

I think it is 60psi or something, not as high as 90.

I keep forgetting to check the pressure of it when I do my other tyres must do it this weekend.

Resident old yin.
    quote:Originally posted by Wul

I got 2 new goodyear nct runflats fitted last week - organised it direct with kwik-fit mobile who dunedin use - £73+VAT per tyre - the guy made a great job and was done in 25mins - hardly any marks on the rims too. my wheels are 16" 5 stars.
    That's a good price Wul.

Bit concerned though about leaving marks on your rims at all. Is that because runflats have such tough sidewalls they can't do it without leaving marks?