MINI Insurance...

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
    Car
    2007 R52 S "Sh**ey White" & 2016 Skoda Yeti "Daily"
    just had one of the most infuriating conversations in a long time. some little g!t at MINI insurance (which are supposed to be linked to MINI in some way) could not give me a quote on my car as it had the JCW Sound Kit.

They had no idea what it was, what it contained and if it affected the bhp!!:evil::evil::evil:

They had now sent me away to find out and them get back to them with the details.... It's always the same with multi-national companies, one hand NEVER talks to the other...:mad::mad::mad:

Rant over

away to phone Adrian Flux and Greenlight to see if they will cover it and how much... (it still looks like being over £500 which I think is expensive...:()

Bignorm
    hey craigd i was behind your car the night on the way home from work car is looking cool

Car
    R56 JCW Hatch, R60 JCW Countryman ALL4
    Craig, eSure are just as bad for inconsistency.:mad: Our Cooper S was insured with them when it came as standard. When we added the Dastec stage one (taking it to 205bhp) they wouldn't touch it. they said "That's far to big a jump in BHP for us to consider.":mad::mad: However, they happily insured Neil for his JCW 210 BHP just two months earlier.:question::disapprove::mad::question:

Our Cooper CVT was insured with MINI Cover, and when we were arranging the insurance we had to list every item we had fitted to the car above it's basic spec. I also seem to remember them not having a clue what a CVT was also. You know how we spec our cars, so that list went on for ages. And each time they added an item they had to "refer to underwriters". It took ages.:(

When we changed the Cooper CVT to the S MINI Cover INSISTED we fit a tracker.:(:(

Adrian Flux were a bit weird but reasonably priced - considering.

A

R60 Light White / Red Countryman All 4 John Cooper Works Auto
    R57 Chili Red Convertible John Cooper Works Auto

Starky
    Cooper S with Halifax - £338, quite happy with that, been with them a few years now and premiums don't seem to increase much if at all, or maybe it's just our good driving.

Car
    quote:Originally posted by Starky

Cooper S with Halifax - £338, quite happy with that, been with them a few years now and premiums don't seem to increase much if at all, or maybe it's just our good driving.
    £338 is a good price. We were about £400 with eSure before mods.

A.

Car
    quote:Originally posted by roaster21

hey craigd i was behind your car the night on the way home from work car is looking cool
    are you sure it was me norman, not been in stirling today.? (reg ends CAD)... <did someone nick ma car for a joy ride while I was in glasgow at the stinking course that finished early and I could really have gone to Oxford after all..... DEEP BREATH...(Issues..)

Car
    quote:Originally posted by AndyP & Lenore

quote:Originally posted by Starky

£338 is a good price. We were about £400 with eSure before mods.

A.
    See that is my point - I have 7 years no claims, no convictions and they want £525 for my renewal - I just don't get it...<thieving insurance g!ts.:mad::()

Car
    quote:Originally posted by craigd
    See that is my point - I have 7 years no claims, no convictions and they want £525 for my renewal - I just don't get it...<thieving insurance g!ts.:mad::()
    You gotta shop arround. Its all you can do to get your premium down. We were with eSure for 4 years with the CRV then the Merc M Class. But they were rediculously expensive for the X5. Try "More Than". We will be paying less with them on the X5 than we were for the M Class with eSure. Go figure:question::question:

I guess you didn't get to Oxford then.:(:disapprove::(

What was MarkyC's surprise?:question:

Car
    I looked a jumping on a flight to Luton (as my course finished before 12 today) and MarkyC picking me up, but they wanted £130 for a one way flight as it was last minute - this would nearly cover the trip next year, so decided not to...:(

His surprise was he got a Cooper S instead of a Cooper, so he is finding out how easy it is to loose his licence.. I have a feeling he may be looking at that as his next car after the phone call I got today...

quote:Originally posted by craigd
    I have 7 years no claims, no convictions and they want £525 for my renewal - I just don't get it...<thieving insurance g!ts.:mad::()
    Ouch that is steep - my 230 bhp Cooper S is insured for not much more than that - with every modifcation listed and replaceable with like for like parts. I have 8 yrs no claims and 3 points on my licence. Thats with Greenlight who I know you were going to try anyway.