EVO magazine (Nov)

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Linda M
    This months issue of evo has reviews of 11 converted MINI's for anyone out there interested

Banned
    Car
    R56 FJCW
    I might have a passing interest

Bonnie Scotland

KarenH
    Linda,

I notice that the JCW Cooper S comes out best - and Dunedin have their JCW demonstrator available now too

Karen

macblob
    yup dunedin do have there own works s, need to get my ass down there for a go

Julz
    quote:Originally posted by KarenH

Linda,

I notice that the JCW Cooper S comes out best - and Dunedin have their JCW demonstrator available now too

Karen
    Mmmm, don't know if I'd agree with 'best', most reliable maybe!! I've copied out the verdict in Mini2 if anyone wants a peek!!

Tony
    i agree with Julz.
    I think EVO were swayed towards the BBR.

Interesting to see their opinion on the Cooper.
    Ive always been an avid follower of EVO, they seem to know their stuff, and report from an enthusiasts point of view.

Its a shame to hear that they dont recommend tuning the Cooper, but I suppose that is something which we all know deep down.

They say that its not worth spending the money for what little gain can be had. AND the JCW Cooper they tested was signifiactnly slower than their standard cooper AND the Janspeed Cooper with 137BHP could only shave off 0.3 seconds to 60 from the standard cooper.

Makes you wonder.,.......although they did agree that the cooper needs to breath better, so maybe filters and exhausts are still allowed then, ok!

macblob
    Just bought evo today, but still to ready the article, was thinking of filter , exhaust and prehaps a superchip for my cooper in a yr , but who knows might just trade it in for an s

KarenH
    I bet you must be pleased with the performance of the BBR Julz, it certainly comes out of the Evo test very well :).

Sponsor & Jakey
    Like Tony & Macblob I was disappointed to read the poor review of the Janspeed kit for the Cooper :( I'd been following the Janspeed development for a few months and was waiting for this, their first full review. As of a couple of weeks ago they still hadn't fitted a kit to a paying member of the publics MINI, only a couple of their own test cars. Sadly I doubt this review will do much to encourage many Cooper owners to take the plunge ( a move I had been considering for next year).

As Tony said, I think we Cooper folks realise that other than filters, chips, exhausts, etc. their ain't a lot we can do at the moment.

When I was over on the Mizen to Malin I met a guy (experienced motor mechanic to trade) who had driven the JCW Cooper for a couple of months. He said it was a real disappointment, full of 'holes' and if anything reduced the original performance of the car. 'Don't go near it', he said.

Ah well, back to researching and planning Stouffer 2004
    Occasional MINI driver....... but mostly Uma Thurman ;0)

Julz
    quote:Originally posted by KarenH

I bet you must be pleased with the performance of the BBR Julz, it certainly comes out of the Evo test very well :).
    It is absolutely fantastic, I'm just getting a bit fed up of the endless streams of dithers doing no more than 45mph!! I would recommend this conversion to anyone, and they do Coopers too, so there may be hope for you disappointed Cooper owners out there!!