Very Light Steering

sw
    My brother has a 98 Sportspack Cooper, after driving the car for about 20 mins the steering becomes very light, like you are driving on snow or ice. On short journeys the steering feels normal. What could be causing this?

Any help on this would be appreciated as I am confused by this one

Heat in teh Steering Rack..

I would recomend getting the rack checked out or even replaced not that bad a job What location are you in...

Sure I would have a contact someehere..

sw
    I take it if the exhaust was touching the steerig rack this could cause the problem? Do you think the rack will still need replacing if it has been heating up or will new grease do the job? After sorting the source of heat.
    I am in West Lothian if you know of anywhere to get a sportspack rack.

Thanks

mmmm sports pack rack in Lothian... I'll get back to you..

New Grease Should do the Trick.. But could still be a million things that was off teh top of my head.

If there is any doubt in teh rack I would get it Properly Checked. Need steering really. and the Racks on minis are not the best...

Let me know how you get on..

Similar Threads

1. Steering
    By Mon the fish in forum Interior & Steering
    Replies: 13
    Last Post: 8th February 2007, 02:23 AM
  2. Steering
    By Crombers in forum General Discussion
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 11th December 2006, 07:15 AM
  3. how do i fit my new steering wheel
    By s12cot in forum Engine & Gearbox