Not again!

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
    GAJ
    Just found out today that some b4st4rd has run into the passenger door of my car. I hadn't noticed until somebody at work pointed it out. Not sure when it happened but it wasn't there when I washed it on Monday morning. I had given up walking round the car in the morning, checking for damage a couple of months ago. Looks like I will be starting again. It's about the only exercise I get!

It doesn't look too bad but I just took it to a couple of bodyshops, including my dealers and it is going to be over £500 to get fixed! Apparently MINI don't do door skins and it needs a new door frame. The guy reckons it would still be noticeable if they tried to knock it out and fill it. He said they get loads of MINIs with similair damage and it is really hard to fix as the metal on the doors is very thin and flexible.

To say I am gutted doesn't come close.:disapprove:

macblob
    damm Gaj, sorry to hear that man

Car
    "Tweaked" Mini ONE
    :( How is it that some people just can't open doors without flinging them open :mad: I feel for you GAJ :blackeye:
    "I have not failed. I've just found 10,000 ways that won't work." - Thomas Edison

Mutley - May 2003 Chili Red 'One'

Wul
    :disapprove:GAJ - that is a real nightmare! it defo can't be sorted by these people who suck the dents out - dentmaster or sommit like that? might be worth a call before coughing up £500!:blackeye:

GAJ
    I will try dentmaster tomorrow but the guy was explaining today that cos the doors are so flexible it is really hard to sand them totally flat and true. He said that he could do it that way but he was not confident about the result. Another insurance claim on the way I think!

Sponsor & Jakey
    :mad: Oh Gaj, I truly don't believe this has happened to you :( Absolutely gutted for you, Cheryl and the poor wee Guinness mobile :disapprove:

Hope you get things fixed up soon.
    Occasional MINI driver....... but mostly Uma Thurman ;0)

Woz
    Unlucky. Makes me think what I would have done if I hadnt been across the road watching when the muppet reversed into me. I know they would have driven off.

Mr Nice :-) & Sponsor
    Sore one Gaj. I feel for you man as I'd be totally gutted if someone drove into my wee buggy.

3GGG
    Oh No!!! That is really bad news Gaj. That place that repaired my bumper near Perth did a repair to someone's MINI door that had been damaged by a wheelbarrow I seem to think I recall, that was how I found out about the place (after a request here and on MINI2). So unless it is an insurance job, it might be worth shopping around.

GAJ
    I got a couple of quotes - both around £500 so it looks like it will have to be an insurance job.

Not happy.