Black

KINGHORN
    ok wahed my car the other day and realised its looking really swirly, whats the best way to sort it in you oppinion Wul, if all else fails looks like a full respray will be coming

Wul
    Well this could take some time!! LOL!

I'm on my second black MINI and as a result i have learned a few tips!

Start with prevention.

Bin any sponges you use to wash the car and invest in a lambswool wash mitt and a second wash bucket - wash using the 2 bucket method with the mitt to prevent scratching while washing the car. Wash in straight lines - ie front to back on horizontal surfaces and upand down on the vertical surfaces. Don't use the same cloths/mitts on your wheels as you do on paint - brake dust is very abrasive funnily enough! :clown:

I'm sure i don't need to tell you when a scratch/swirl is too deep to polish out - if you can feel it with your nail your gonna struggle to polish it out.

For light scratches/swirls I like using Sonus paint cleanser or megs clear coat body scrub followed by megs scratch X on any residual ones left over. Followed up with a coat of NXT tech wax and then #16 mirror glaze.

Also recommended is Klasse AIO (all-in-one) follwed by P21S.

If you need more specifics, please ask.

Also check out THESE useful links for more pointers.
    :)

KINGHORN
    ta,

will get to it at some point

sh@z
    Full respray is a bit drastic, im sure a good bodyshop can take care of the scratches etc with machine polishing etc etc if what Wul recommends doesnt do it

KINGHORN
    done the machine pollishing a few times lol,

full respray aint that bad

The Dogfather
    Yeah its easy when you have a bodyshop to call on

gill
    We had a black subaru impreza a while back and the 'Zymol' stuff worked a treat on it!

Use the car wax stuff - they have a website if you want to check it out.

www.vertar.com

Made our black shine like new!!! Lovely jubbly!

N12 JLK
    i use a lambswool glove with a very small amount of mer shampoo, chamois off and then add a wee bit meguires tech wax, very good stuff, havnt used a sponge on the car since i got it in may and always looks showroom condition

KINGHORN
    think im gonna zymol it this time, il just steall the kit from the bodyshop for the weekend, lol,

oh if any one wants zymol, i can sort ya out

Adam MCS
    This zymol stuff sounds good! Is it just put on like polish? My car has a few swirls (probably because my favorite method to get bird crap off my paintwork is to use a shovel) on it so I may have to give it some tlc. P.S - got that exhaust on yet kinghorn?