Heated Mirrors

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    S7JGW
    How do you switch the heated mirrors on in the mini? Mine seem to only come on occasionally. Is it Automatic after a certain temperature or is it connected to the heated rear window or summin like at?
    Jim

euan
    Connected to the rear window heater as far as I can recall.

I never really noticed mine where on, in fact the only way i knew they even worked was that if they were wet, once you put the heaters on they dried.

S7JGW
    Ye thats how ive been noticin them but only seem to work occasionally.
    Jim

Moonshine
    they are on all the time - linked to the ignition switch

mine are ace. Melts teh Snow Heaps better than my Old car did..

where are you to Need tehm at this time of year North Pole??

I Know you like going out in the mini but that is some mini adventure..

T6 KFR
    so does my cooper have heated mirrors as well?

Thats ace, i have just learnt my car has a feature i didnt know of

S7JGW
    na was speakin to ma friend and the window was open and it steamed up. Somtimes it clears instantly and somtimes didnt seem to work.
    Jim

euan
    quote:Originally posted by T6 KFR

so does my cooper have heated mirrors as well?

Thats ace, i have just learnt my car has a feature i didnt know of
    It was an option - 40 quid if i remember - for which you got heated mirrors and heated washer jets (which I found a waste of time, as the water froze the minute it hit the nozzle).

Moonshine
    quote:Originally posted by euan

It was an option - 40 quid if i remember - for which you got heated mirrors and heated washer jets (which I found a waste of time, as the water froze the minute it hit the nozzle).
    The way to stop this from happening is to remove the bonnet insulation - the water doesn't freeze in the nozzle, it is actually in the pipes. I pita tyre pyrometer probe on my nozzles and they are at about 50 degrees C. As soon as i drove my car, te water would freeze, and if i stopped at traffic lights, they would squirt. The prob is the bonnet insulation is too effective and doesn't let enough heat through to melt the pipes.

Since i removed the insulation a couple of years ago, i've never had a problem with frozen skooshers. - deffo a job worth doing for the winter and to be hones, i havn't been bothered to re fit it - there have been no adverse side effects from doing it either. If it rains and you are stationery, you might get a bit of steam from evapourating water from the bonnet as it is a bit warmer than normal, but not hot, and it han't harmed my paintwork eithe.

Gerry

lightbody
    Definitely on all the time. The heated mirrors get so hot that they steam off rain water which is just a superb safety feature - especially on the motorway. Well worth the £40 extra.