Causeway Coast Mini Club annual event - Aug 2006

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Sponsor
    Morelli's Italian Ice Cream Job
    and
    Nelly's Dash of the O'rish
    Last weekend in August. One event on the Saturday evening, the other on the Sunday afternoon.

This is an annual event organised by the Causeway Coast Mini Club of Northern Ireland.
    Held in and around Portrush, Portstewart and Bushmills, it is an event WELL WORTH attending. I was there this year with the Mini Clan (with my MINI Cooper), and I WILL be going next year (although maybe with the classic Mini). It was the best Mini event I've ever been to, and THE MOST MENTAL weekend!! We still had plenty of time to explore the magnificent Antrim coast too, including the Giant's Causeway.

Video of the 2004 event can be found on the following web page-
    http://www.ccminiclub.co.uk/media.htm
    (listed under "summer 2004") (you'll need RealPlayer too)
    and keep your eyes on this page for the video of this year's event to appear.

The Irish people are incredibly welcoming and friendly, we had a fantastic weekend. They are just as welcoming of new MINIs as they are of the classic version, and plenty attend both the above events.

There's a story behind the weekend, in that a new and precious ice cream recipe gets stolen on it's way to the factory, and the Minis have to help get it back..... This year it was Leprechaun Commandos who stole the ice cream after it was dropped by helicopter! We were ambushed somewhere along the way by those naughty Leprechauns too.....
    There's a mad run on the Saturday evening, a static show on the Sunday afternoon, then finished off with a run around the pedestrian walkways and golf courses of Portrush!

It would be great if some of NMS could make the trip over next year. Since I'm going with the Mini Clan, I don't think I could do much of a job of organising anything official, but I'm more than willing to answer any questions people have, and I'll post here when I find anything out about next year's event, or good ferry deals, or accommodation deals. To get the best out of the weekend, I'd recommend a Friday to Monday stay, or at least Friday to Sunday night.

Put the dates in your diary now!!!
    Don't miss this event!!!

Car
    R56 MCS
    Ive heard all about this first hand, and seen the pictures! Think this should be a def for NMS it sounds like a hoot!

Banned
    Car
    GP 0878
    I have been three times now its fantastic!!

Camping is a must:)

gill
    This sounds fun - hope we can come along!

Be a hoot for a bunch of us to go!

Car
    Mini Cooper
    Sounds great

Nenah
    quote:Originally posted by john

I have been three times now its fantastic!!

Camping is a must:)
    Yes! Would love to go again next year!

The gale force winds just about blew our tent away in the night - but that just added to the fun! I have some footage from inside John's race car of him spinning the wheels for the crowd...I'll try to load up !

Brian_Cooper_S
    As I work in N.Ireland it would be rude for me not to attend, any idea of dates yet?

Sponsor
    Haven't seen anything from Causeway Coast Mini Club yet, but it's usually the last weekend in August - which I think may be a bank holiday weekend for some folks, but not others. I'm banking on it being the 26th and 27th of August!

Sponsor
    OK guys - dates for this event are:

26th and 27th of August

There are some cracking ferry deals at the moment, check out this link for a half price offer-

http://www.poirishsea.com/CausewayOffer/causeway.htm

BOOK BY THE 8TH APRIL though!!

My Mini Clan friends (who I'm going with) have booked accommodation in Portrush (sorry our place is full), and ferries. This is nothing official for the Clan, just a group of pals who all want to travel together. We're going on the 10.05 Friday 25th Troon to Larne, and returning on the 23.00 Sunday 27th Larne to Cairnryan. The more the merrier!

Causeway Coast Mini Club are well under way organising this year's event, and by all accounts it's going to be the best yet.

Don't miss this one kids - it's well worth the trip!

Brian_Cooper_S
    <Takes note of dates for diary>

I will be there. Will try bring a few MINIS from work too!!