SPOT LAMPS WANTED

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    redpoint rallying
    Im looking for 4 standard Mini front spotlamps in as new or v.good condition. If anyone can assist, please let me know.:)

Thanks

M

I dont think I have seen a BMW set in V Good condition , they are normally rusted within the first few months

Banned
    Car
    R56 FJCW
    All BMW ones should be on recall for the rusting problem (please confirm minime) as i'm waiting to have 4 spots fitted :evil:
    If you are looking for a long term solution then i would suggest you fit aftermarket ones.
    Mike at newministuff sells them, not sure about 4, but, if you get the bracket then you can install your own :)

The last solution I saw from a dealer for the rusting spot lamps problem was coating them in a waxoyl type solution - wasnt pretty. Hope they have come up with a better solution now

As Bonnie says Mikey does 2 kits

Hella Kit with standard brackets

or

Custom Hella Kit

Mikey will answer any questions you may have about adapting the kit for a Cooper S (if it is for your road car Mart) and fitting 4 rather than 2 lamps.

T6 KFR
    Those guys who have the spots fitted to their mini (Mart I know you are one), did you fit them yourself?

I was going to get BMW ones to ensure fitting from the garage. But I was aware of the corrosion problem, hence reason why i havent bought them.

I fitted mine myself, they are just tapped into the main wiring loom. I have a copy of the instructions somewhere, if I can find them Ill scan them in and email them to you - will at least give you an idea of whats involved

The Dogfather
    I fitted mine also, they are just connected to the battery with a switching relay on the main beam. Easy!

T6 KFR
    sounds easy then....although guys:I I am colour blind!!!!

I should cope though

Its pretty straightforward - Ill send the instructions through on Monday if you want a look