Cracked Heat Windscreen

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Nenah
    Obviously the weather was so bloody cold at Knockhill yesterday that it cracked my winscreen - or maybe the massive crator hole I hit turning off to road to the track the entrance cracked it - or maybe its a fault in the winscreen and I can replace under warranty?

Anyone else needed to replace and heated windscreen or know the cost?

I checked my insurance which covers repairs FOC but its not repairable and is now a 4 inch long crack (where my tax disc is located. My insurer will charge an excess is £450 for a replace!:blackeye:

Oh Minime!!!...flutter flutter flutter......I'll be passing through to Ediburgh on Thursday am - so could stop by for a replacement if you make it worth my while?...flutter flutter flutter :I

Anyone had this happen before?

Sponsor
    [quote]quote:Originally posted by sleepyrascal

Oh Minime!!!...flutter flutter flutter......I'll be passing through to Ediburgh on Thursday am - so could stop by for a replacement if you make it worth my while?...flutter flutter flutter :I
    Nenah, while your fluttering at MINIME about windows, flutter some more about the AERO group buy

I had a cracked windscreen but my insurance company only charged me £50 excess! £450 is a bit steep!!!!! MAybe it's because yours is heated. Mine isn't.

Mr Nice :-) & Sponsor
    Are you sure that the excess is £450 Nenah?!?!? Mines is only £50 regardless of the window.

Oh Dear Nenah Not So Good..

I have a Pair of Goggles you could borrow.. But you would have to put up with the Flys in your Teeth.. Hee hee

Cut out the Screen and bobs your Uncle...

teh Standard windscreen was (when I priced it ages ago) £340 can't see teh Heating element costing £100 But it is bmw for you..

Fingers crossed for you.

Hope you are well and Things get sorted out soon..

Cheers Lv b x x x

Moonshine
    My heated screen got cracked by a stone last month. I'm insured with admiral, and it cost me the £50 excess, and was replaced by RAC Auto Windscreens - jobs fine - rain sensor and heating element work perfectly - call your insurer - as long as you are fully comp, i'm sure you will have windsreen cover as well - an AFAIK, iy doesnt matter what windsreen you have, heated or otherwise - that was the first question i was asked when i phoned up to get it fixed.
    Most insurers offer a FOC repairable service using the resin injecty thingy (technical term!!) as a suppliment to the £50 excess cover for irepairable damage.
    Gerry

mines got cracked on the Cabrio, replaced by RAC windscreens. I asked for them to get a windscreen from Mini so I could still have the logo

costs only my windscreen excess of £50.
    Cooper Coupe...

euan
    My windscreen excess is different from my other excess, I don't think it's ever been more than 50 quid.

Moonshine
    yeah....my accident excess is £150, windscreen £50 and you don't need to declare broken windscreens as claims on your renewal

G

Pantomime Villain & Car Plan Ambassador Crombers's Avatar
    Car
    R50 Cooper & F55 SD
    Yup I've just had my 3rd repair by Autoglass at no cost & the last chap said no point in repairing again (safety maybe!) & just claim for a new one (£50 to the insurance company) which has no effect on your no claims discount :approve:

Fiona , good point re getting an officail MINI windae , never thought of that

R50 Cooper ..... Mini Plant Oxford

19 years of MINIfascination

Nenah
    Thanks guys! I am a doozy so and so - just called Direct Line and excess is only £60 for windscreens - I read the standard excess under the policy to mean the £400 accident excess! D'OH! :blackeye:

I have AutoGlass coming around this afternoon to replace the screen. :approve: